Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cow's milk tomorrow......what do you think? (be nice)

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:51 PM
  • 26 Replies

Ok first I'll say I've been out of MY milk for awhile and because of it my ds hasn't had his cereal. I have 3 broken pumps. 2 of them are Medela. I have NO money right now to buy another one. My ds will be 1 Oct 23. So far he eats alot of different things and no allergic reactions. (knock wood) I just went and bought whole milk so he can have it in his cereal in the morning. I don't plan on giving it to him more then just in his cereal once a day. He's never had or will have formula. I just want him to have his cereal. What would you do? I used to change up and put the yogurt blends juice in his cereal but he doesn't like it anymore.

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MegaMutant
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:54 PM

How long has he been without breastmilk...?

Christina807
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:55 PM

If it were me, I would probably do it.  I'm assuming he is still getting BM from the tap, though. 

MegaMutant
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:57 PM

She said she'd been out of HER milk for a while, so I'm guessing that means he hasn't been getting any breastmilk at all.

Quoting Christina807:

If it were me, I would probably do it.  I'm assuming he is still getting BM from the tap, though. 

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:57 PM

Are you giving him infant cereal?  If so skip the cereal...either way you can make it with water.

I personally would not give cows milk in it but thats up to you...why not rice milk or almond milk?

OH and he has a cool birthday, same as mine!

jltplk25
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:58 PM

You can always use goat's milk. It's easier to digest than cow's milk. That's what my step mom did for my sister when she could no longer breastfeed her.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:58 PM

I think she meant shes out of pumped milk, he needs BM or formula til a year and she said he's had no formula.

Quoting MegaMutant:

She said she'd been out of HER milk for a while, so I'm guessing that means he hasn't been getting any breastmilk at all.

Quoting Christina807:

loverbugsmommy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:59 PM
CANT YOU JUST GIVE HIM SOME MULTI GRAIN CHEERIOS? MY SONS DR TOLD OF THOSE HAVE A MUCH BETTER NUTRITIONAL VALUE THAN BABY CEREAL PLUS IT HELPS THEM LEARN HOW TO PICK UP SMALL OBJECTS
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MegaMutant
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:02 PM

That makes more sense, in which case I would agree that cereal is not necessary. Just empty fluff.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

I think she meant shes out of pumped milk, he needs BM or formula til a year and she said he's had no formula.

Quoting MegaMutant:

Quoting Christina807:

Christina807
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:10 PM

Yes, I meant pumped milk.  Personally, I don't feed cereal other than actual dry Cheerios, but if I did give some sort of cereal that required milk, I would use cow's milk if I had no pumped BM.  That's just me. 

dhampshire63
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:12 PM

Quoting Christina807:

Yes he does. I decided to let him wean on his own.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)