Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Baby enema?

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2010 at 12:13 AM
  • 6 Replies
Is it just me..? Idk you have to excuse me but Im confused, I just got off another chat site on a parents group and this young lady was asking for advice cause she gives her new baby formula and it was making her constipated and she said she had been using the booger sucker with some warm water for a instant enema type thing... Ehh dangerous much? Has anyone else heard of this, now i am a vetern mom and i have never heard of such. Also other moms were telling her to use a lil brown sugar in water, boiled water in between feedings, apple juice and water.. Claiming their doctors told them to do this. Poor baby, there are alot of strange pratices these days and alot of people think this type of remedies are the norm. Anyone heard or believe in these type of pratices with a new baby?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 22, 2010 at 12:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Daynaof3
by on Oct. 22, 2010 at 12:16 AM

I have never heard of a home made enema(yikes) but I have heard moms tell me their doctor said to use brown sugar in water. Do I believe in them? Not even a little bit. There are far better ways to deal with constipation, best one being to breastfeed and avoid it completely.

griefstrickin
by on Oct. 22, 2010 at 12:26 AM
yes someone had mentioned breastfeeding and the mom well all the other moms too just said how they tried a lil bit to bf but dried up, couldnt pump more than and oz and a half... And just carried on with the ff ordeal so I know from past expierences even talking about bf will set these ladies off. there was one post today that a woman was calling bf inappropriate,crazy i know my baby is ebf and poops wonderfully not too much and never constipated, shes happy im happy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crysjuls
by on Oct. 22, 2010 at 12:27 AM
I've heard of that. Never have done it tho.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
griefstrickin
by on Oct. 22, 2010 at 12:37 AM
i have heard of the juice n sugar but that was so long ago, and not for such a young baby. I thought that doctors were more up to date then to give old school advice but then again everyones different.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Oct. 22, 2010 at 1:36 AM

Yes, absolutely! 

Quoting Daynaof3: I have never heard of a home made enema(yikes) but I have heard moms tell me their doctor said to use brown sugar in water. Do I believe in them? Not even a little bit. There are far better ways to deal with constipation, best one being to breastfeed and avoid it completely.

Owner of CafeMom Groups....
Attachment Parenting Christians and Crunchy Moms

lifetimelove
by on Oct. 22, 2010 at 1:42 AM
I CRINGE at the things I hear. My DD has horrible constipation issues (even when she was full time breastfeeding) due to her slow digestive system, but I've NEVER done any of that stuff. Miralax is the only thing we use, with a lot of warm baths, massage, activity, etc.

Enemas are horrible except as a last resort.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN