Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Help! She hasn't peed ALL day

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2010 at 9:01 PM
  • 29 Replies

I had my daughter on Wednesday morning a little after 5am. She peed and pooped twice that day. She peed and pooped 3 times yesterday. She hasn't done either all day today. I am worried. She sounds like she is getting plenty to drink. I can hear her swallowing and even gulping down at times. What should I do?

by on Oct. 29, 2010 at 9:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Colleen86
by on Oct. 29, 2010 at 9:03 PM
Well congrats!!
But I'm not sure what to tell you. Call your pediatrician tomorrow.
Good luck! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Oct. 29, 2010 at 9:06 PM
has your milk come in? it sounds like it hast come in yet. is she latching correctly? how often is she nursing? when she has poopy diapers there could have been pee in it too...and even just a little pee is counted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jridgill
by on Oct. 29, 2010 at 9:10 PM

Even though I can't tell a big difference in my breast size I think my milk has come in. It no longer looks like colustrum. It looks like milk. She hasn't pooped or peed today so I don't think I'm confusing it or missing it. She nursed a lot this morning and this afternoon but she has been sleeping since about 6pm with the exception of nursing for about 3 minutes not too long ago. I am about to try and wake her to nurse again but I wanted to post here to get opinions first.

We left the hospital today and her lack of pee and poop wasn't mentioned. I did talk to her doctor. Her jaundice levels were 10 but not alarming. We mostly talked about that and she wanted to make sure she was nursing at least every 2 hours if not more often. I am just starting to get really nervous. How much longer should I give her? Anyone please? thanks

mjp2707
by on Oct. 29, 2010 at 9:10 PM
No need to fret just yet all she needs today is 2 diapers for a 24 hour period. Go put 4 tsp of water on a diaper that's what one wet is. Almost dry huh. Are you still at the hospital
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jridgill
by on Oct. 29, 2010 at 9:11 PM

No I came home this afternoon :)

mjp2707
by on Oct. 29, 2010 at 9:13 PM
Okay get her naked and do skin to skinrub her back witha wash cloth and piss her off. Jaundice can make her sleepy. What time was the last diaper
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
46186mommyof4
by on Oct. 29, 2010 at 9:14 PM

Try Eating something with oatmeal in it to give you more milk! that will give the baby more milk if your worried about that or just eat out meal... it really does work. Then keep checking the babies diapers, did the nurses change your daughter at all today maybe she had a BM eaerler

mjp2707
by on Oct. 29, 2010 at 9:15 PM
What type of diapers are you using
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 29, 2010 at 9:17 PM

From kellymom.com....

Dirty diapers: In the early days, baby typically has one dirty diaper for each day of life (1 on day one, 2 on day two...). After day 4, stools should be yellow and baby should have at least 3-4 stools daily that are the size of a US quarter (2.5 cm) or larger. Some babies stool every time they nurse, or even more often--this is normal, too. The normal stool of a breastfed baby is loose (soft to runny) and may be seedy or curdy.

Wet diapers: In the early days, baby typically has one wet diaper for each day of life (1 on day one, 2 on day two...). Once mom's milk comes in, expect 5-6+ wet diapers every 24 hours. To feel what a sufficiently wet diaper is like, pour 3 tablespoons (45 mL) of water into a clean diaper. A piece of tissue in a disposable diaper will help you determine if the diaper is wet.

Throw a piece of tissue in her diaper and give her a few diaper changes to see if she goes.  If she doesn't, I'd call her doctor or a nurse hotline. 

46186mommyof4
by on Oct. 29, 2010 at 9:18 PM

ok to get her to nurse with the jaundice leavels u need to wake her make her uncomfy by removing her socks and playing with her feet until u later her on keep her awake wile she nurses by rubing her feet not her face cause that will confuse her just tap her feet or rub them that should keep her awake while nursing my youngest was in the hospital witj jundice at levels near 20 and I got to nurse him the entire time at the hospital it was tuff they dont wanna wake up with that..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)