Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He thinks it's funny!!!

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2010 at 2:16 PM
  • 3 Replies
DS thinks it's funny when I tell him NO for biting!!! He just laughs and laughs!!!! GREAT!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 1, 2010 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Nov. 1, 2010 at 2:22 PM

yep...  I have children that laugh too when I am correcting them, even at age 4 yrs old!

But the thing that got mine to not bite when they nursed was when I yelled "ouch!" and it startled them. My first is a very sensitive child so it did scare him :( but he never attempted biting after that!

amileegirl
by on Nov. 1, 2010 at 2:22 PM

Because you are interacting and making faces.      End the nursing session and put him down.   Be boring.    Wait a few moments and repeat.   He'll get the idea.   The best thing to do though is to prevent the biting before it starts.  An actively nursing baby can't bite.  Once he stops suckling remove your breast.

maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Nov. 1, 2010 at 2:24 PM
This is why often the best reaction to biting is no reaction. Say nothing, and simply take baby off the breast.

I found the best way to deal with biting us to figure out when baby does it (often at the end of a feeding when they are no longer sucking and swallowing, just hangin out) and take baby off before they get the chance to bite. Baby cannot bite when actively nursing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)