Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is annoying me.

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:50 AM
  • 17 Replies
My right boob doesn't respond as well to my pump anymore...lol. I pump, and massage wule pumping, massage before, and after and try again. I only get about 2-4 ounces depending and my boob still feels quite solid, so I know there is more in there, lol.

Now my left boob...yeah, once I'm done, it's like a deflated balloon, lol.

I'm just going to have to have my daughter more on the right to keep it emptying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ForeverInLove
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:53 AM
And please don't go "that's normal". It is not for me. I am a massive producer, always have been with both my children. I'm not one of those who has ever struggled to get 5-15oz per pumping session. Not until I went to work with my son and simply lost my milk supply due to the inability to pump at work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LKRA
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:57 AM

Well, if I can't say "that's normal", then I have nothing to say. lol

piwife
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:58 AM
I over produce too, before pumping I would put a warm cloth on my breast. I would pump 6-8 per breast at first.(A lot of pain) and later on it was 3-6 per breast. I was eping for 11 mts. but the warm cloth and massaging helped alot
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
piwife
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:59 AM
I think she gets 2-4 from each breast.

Quoting LKRA:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ForeverInLove
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:17 AM
I actually get more than 2-4. Lately, my right boob just doesn't want give out more, but I'm still full.
In the morning, I usually get 9-11 out of my left and 6-8 from my right.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
freshmom88
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:02 AM
Wow u get ALOT!!! I wish... :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Krysta622
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:05 AM

Quoting LKRA:

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

mama02040608
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:27 AM
Are u sure that everything on your pump is functioning correctly? Sometimes if things aren't just so or not tight enough, the suction can vary and may not extract as much milk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Gina on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:37 PM

For most mortals that's normal. If it's not for you, then I'd be taking a close look at the pump.

But also understand that EVERY nursing experience will be different and what happened before means diddly for the future. I have a feeling this is actually your new normal.

megmonger
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:41 PM

Thanks for posting this, because the exact same thing is happening to me right now. I don't think it's my pump because the left is still going like a champ. It's making me crazy though because I swear the right boob still feels full and I can't get it to go down. I'm doing the same thing for the moment - nursing him more on the right. Maybe it's clogged ducts or something so they haven't been able to empty. I'm also trying warm compresses. GL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)