Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have til the 18th

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:40 PM
  • 7 Replies
Ok I posted a couple days ago about needing a break and no one will watch my dd bc she screams when I'm not around and won't take a bottle.
Well no dh has a company party on the 18th brother in law owns the company and dh is number 3 in the company so he feels I should go. How do I get 8 month old dd to take z bottle and be comfortable without me?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
piwife
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:44 PM
Try a sippy without a valve. Baby is going to eat, the problem is you being in the same house. Make sure you can't even be seen or smell.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babydmama
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:44 PM

Maybe skip the bottle and try a cup? 

Khuerta
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:46 PM
Wet nurse? Teach baby to self soothe finally? Practice by letting baby entertain herself in a room without you like her bedroom and have a neighbor come in and spend time with her only after shes gotten used to self soothing... My thoughts but i dont know... My babies are never without me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Gina on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:04 PM

Hand baby to caregiver, go. Honestly, that's the only way.The caregiver needs to tough it out. **grin** It's really harder on them than the baby.

But at eight months, she doesn't need a bottle. Sippy cup. And she might not take a drop while you're gone. That's fine. Full nursing before you go, full nursing when you come back. She may need nothing. When truly hungry, she'll take something.

Be aware that she should have a caregiver whom she knows and with whom she is very comfortable, otherwise it will be more miserable for all of you. The way for her to get comfortable is to spend time with that person, with you and without you and the caregiver needs to toughen up. Sounds cruel, I know! But it's crueler to the caregiver than to the baby.

Leave something with your scent for baby, too.

amileegirl
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:34 PM

ditto

Quoting gdiamante:

Hand baby to caregiver, go. Honestly, that's the only way.The caregiver needs to tough it out. **grin** It's really harder on them than the baby.

But at eight months, she doesn't need a bottle. Sippy cup. And she might not take a drop while you're gone. That's fine. Full nursing before you go, full nursing when you come back. She may need nothing. When truly hungry, she'll take something.

Be aware that she should have a caregiver whom she knows and with whom she is very comfortable, otherwise it will be more miserable for all of you. The way for her to get comfortable is to spend time with that person, with you and without you and the caregiver needs to toughen up. Sounds cruel, I know! But it's crueler to the caregiver than to the baby.

Leave something with your scent for baby, too.

mamalinzie
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:41 PM

I left my DD at 11 months for the first time for more than an hour. But she was still pretty much exclusively breastfed. We left her with my friends whom she was well acquanted with, at our house, and their 9 month old DD was there to play with her. She had a great time and barely noticed I was gone. 

How long do you plan on being gone for?

superexcitedmom
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:49 PM
I would try a sippy or just a cup as well.. But like others have said she may not eat all while you're gone. & I had problems with my dd but she would scream at first and then calm down & be just fine. The sitter needs to just handle it... I mean maybe you can have the sitter come over a few times before the 183$?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)