Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My boob is going to fall off.

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:32 PM
  • 5 Replies

TMI!

Ok so I have has a "Staph" infection on my nipple since mid-October. It is on the only breast I BF from, yes: I only use 1 breast. It used to be a spot about the size of a dime, now it covers my whole nipple. They gave me cream to use. Well I just went back today because it hasn't gone away and now I have noticed a lump in my breast. She said I have mastitis, but it doesn't hurt. My skin itches where the staph infection is, but I dont have any symptoms of Mastitis none what so ever. And the lump in my boob doesn't hurt. 

While I was googling Mastitis Carcinoma came up. It is a form of breast cancer. I guess it is mistaken for mastitis often, although it is rare. 

IDK but I am worried. I don't think it is mastitis at all. I have a staph infection on top and a lump inside..... 

Anyone have any input? 

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Bren07
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:42 PM

if u dont believe what ur doc is saying go get a second opinion. or tell ur doc what u found online and see if there is some type of test they can run to check u for cancer..

mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:45 PM
I'd get a second and third opinion. Dr Google can scare the crap out of you but doctors don't know everything, until they see it or read about it. Good luck. I've heard that staph is a common cause of mastitis; maybe you have it out and in? Maybe a topical cream isn't going to cut it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MotherOPearl
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:45 PM
I have no knowledge on the subject but please please get some more doctor's opinions. If you think something might be seriously wrong you need to follow your instincts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTC2Long
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:51 PM
I've read about that type of cancer, too. It is extremely rare, but it's worth getting checked for sure. Get a second opinion!

Quoting MotherOPearl:

I have no knowledge on the subject but please please get some more doctor's opinions. If you think something might be seriously wrong you need to follow your instincts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Gina on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:30 PM

I would definitely be seeing another doctor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)