Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think we're done :-(

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:42 PM
  • 6 Replies
Well, my little izzy is 13 months and has been suffering from a really bad cold for about 3 weeks. 2 weeks ago she went on a nursing strike. I tried all the usuals:

Nursing in the tub
Nursing sitting up
Nursing while sleeping
Nursing in every which position

And all she does is scream and arch her back. I've had her in twice to the doc and her ears are clear. I keep offering but to no avail. :-( she was nursing once during the day and twice at night. I was hoping to nurse to 2, but I guess she had other plans.

I am grateful we got to 13 months tho! :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Maddape48854
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:45 PM

Poor thing, do your best mama!

gdiamante
by Gina on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:57 PM

13 months is GREAT! Nothing to be disappointed about here.

mommatess74
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:00 PM

good job for making it the 13 months!!!!

Crystal8327
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:04 PM

And I thouht I was the only one. My son did this around 13 months too. It wasn't a cold but he has health problems and a load of not so nice medical procedures and one day he flipped out when i tried to nurse him and has never returned. I tried all you did and then some until he was 15 months old. I don't think a strike goes on for more then 2 months so i stopped driving myself insane and stressing him out. He is 16 months old now. My goal was about 18 months or longer if thats how it went.

mommy31210
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:10 PM

u did all u could thats better then some moms dont stress bout it just enjoy her bein lil know for all u know she may just be saying she dosent want to nurse anymore u will never know

Tina1007
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:19 PM
Congrats on 13 months! I would be upset too though, as I also want to nurse till 2...but you did the best you could!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)