Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sick kids and hosptial trips. need help (ot)

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:44 PM
  • 4 Replies
Ok so my oldest has been running a fever in the 100s for 3 days, he is on amoxicilin, well all day today his fever has been 102 or higher right now its 103 everytime i try to give him tylenol or ibprofen he throws up im afraid to give him his amoxicilin because of this hes barely had 12oz of liquids today been measuring what i give him and tried to eat toast but up it came hes 7yrs old. well my baby will be 2wks on sat and has a sinus inf and is on amoxicilin also but has had no fever just vomiting my oldsest prolly needs to go to the hosp either tonight or hopefully wait to go to drs again tomorow my question is with the baby already being sick its not a good idea to take the baby not that i have a choice i ebf and he wont take a pacifier or bottle. i dont want him to get sicker but i also dont want my oldest to suffer anymore. i have no idea what to do and cant get oldests fever to break.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mom-lovingit
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:52 PM

For the 7yr old- Try chewable meds or meltaway for ibu/tylenol...  loose clothing, don't want him to feel too cold- shivering will raise a temp.  Try to get as much fluid in him as he can handle... dehydration will raise a temp and make you feel like crap.  Plain water is harsh on sick tummies so give him sugar water with some salt in it to ease the tummy and boost his electrolytes.  or try watery juice, honey water, lemon etc...  Lukewarm bath will also help- make sure it isn't cold, if it gets any highter.  If you live close to your hosp, I would wait a bit, if it's a drive then I would go.  Keep your little baby in the carseat or in a sling, wash your hands frequently and always before touching the baby once you are there and don't let anyone else hold the baby.  Should be fine... Good luck mama and I hope you all feel better soon!!! :o)

bittersweet7791
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 12:08 AM
Tried the jr melaways and he threw up soon as he swallowed them ib profen as well. trying to push liquids but he barely drinks he asked for toast and his fever went down to 98 ate it then puked 45 min later his fever was back to 102.7 it goes down to the lowest 101 then back up to 103 or 102 hes complaining his eyes throat and pee pee hurt, the dr said sinus infection wed but i dont think thats what this is
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom-lovingit
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 12:24 AM

Popsicles dipped in pedialyte then frozen again are always recommended (again for the salt) for just plain pops, could try chamomile tea with honey.  I would try to give him the meltaways on toast, something for his tummy to work on besides meds might have a chance to work before he throws up the food...  If you end up at the ER, just keep your little one in the carseat or in a sling and wash, wash, wash your hands. :O)  GL!

JasonsMom2007
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 12:26 AM
When we have to take ds to the er dd has to come. The er is 45 minutes away. Hubby stays out in the parking lot with her unless she needs to nurse
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)