Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help, I'm injured.

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:54 AM
  • 4 Replies
Hi. So I'm not sure why my nipple is cracked open and bleeding but it's hurt since my daughter was born and she's 5 months old. I think maybe we have thrush?! Anyway it's just one side but everytime I feed her on that side it breaks back open and bleeds again and she spits up blood. Im going to call the lactation consultant and possibly make a drs appt but what can I do about the cracked nipple? Right now I pump and give her a bottle and feed on the other side. She only eats one side per feeding anyway. Oh and I've been doing saltwater rinses and lanolin like kellymom says. What else can I do to make it heal?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
kelfitz
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:16 AM

Definitely go see an LC, you can express a drop or two of your milk and with a clean finger rub into your nipple and air dry for a few minutes. The antibodies and fat in your milk will heal and lubricate. Good luck.

NoraDun
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:27 AM

BUMP!

gdiamante
by Gina on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:54 AM

Kelfitz nailed it. That's what you do. You may take Tyleonol for the pain.

jeng1980
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:50 AM

Perfect answer!

Quoting kelfitz:

Definitely go see an LC, you can express a drop or two of your milk and with a clean finger rub into your nipple and air dry for a few minutes. The antibodies and fat in your milk will heal and lubricate. Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)