Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my baby hates yoga...PIOG

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:05 AM
  • 10 Replies
Feeling like the worst mom ever right now...I went to my first yoga class since I gave birth, and it was my first time leaving Charlotte and DHs first time with both kids alone. Yoga was just next door at the church across from my house and it was only an hour long so I fed Miss Lady just before I walked out the door and took my keys and phone and mat and took off. I had my phone on me the whole time and I kept checking it to be sure DH and the kids were ok. Then after class since I hadn't got a call or text and I could see the lights were out in our kitchen, I figured everyone was asleep and I stayed to chat with my neighbours for 45 minutes. (Still checking my phone the whole time). But when I got home my preschooler Nate jumps out and yells "surprise" and DH is pacing the house with my poor screaming baby in his arms. He couldn't get either kid to sleep. He freaked out at me cuz he was so stressed. Apparently Charlotte had been crying the whole time and DH had left his phone in the car which was locked, and could not find his keys. (I have no idea why he didn't just run over to the church!) So Charlotte was missing her mommy and her booby for sooo long and I had no idea! I may never leave her again, I was already scared to do it. I feel like the worst mom ever!!! Poor little girl. She literally almost never cries. Everyone says she is the happiest baby they've ever met. So I feel even worse that she was here screaming for so long with out me :*( the whole family is traumatized accept Nate who is proud because he was able to get baby sister to laugh for a bit!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MotherOPearl
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:32 AM
Aww I'm sorry you feel so bad about it. It was a misunderstanding, though, you had no way to know what was going on. Don't be so hard on yourself. You live and you learn. ((Hugs))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama02040608
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:53 AM
Dh needs to deal. He was just a bit frazzled, but he could have handled it better. If you don't go out on occasion, he will never develop his own soothing skills and you might lose your mind! Chalk it up to a lesson learned and next time make sure that he has his phone on him before you go :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Gina on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:03 AM

Stop feeling guilt. DAD is the one who's supposed to.

Go to yoga again. I"M SERIOUS. This is how dad bonds with baby. He needs to learn to deal.

Christina807
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:15 AM
100% agree!!

Quoting gdiamante:

Go to yoga again. I"M SERIOUS. This is how dad bonds with baby. He needs to learn to deal.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MummaNik
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:36 AM
He told me to go again next week. I just won't stay and chat next time!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teachermama81
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:40 AM

This.  My husband REALLY struggled with my daughter, until he had no choice.  He'll be fine, she'll be fine.  Yoga is awesome :)

Namaste :)

Quoting gdiamante:

jeng1980
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:32 AM

I agree!

Quoting teachermama81:

This.  My husband REALLY struggled with my daughter, until he had no choice.  He'll be fine, she'll be fine.  Yoga is awesome :)

Namaste :)

Quoting gdiamante:

star33
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:03 PM
It will get easier.keep goin.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:07 PM

What a good hubby!  :)  He deserves a huge hug for that. 

Definitely go again, enjoy yourself.  Baby and big brother (and Daddy) will be fine, even if there is a little crying involved. 

Quoting MummaNik:

He told me to go again next week. I just won't stay and chat next time!

catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 1:47 AM

Poor mom and baby.. ((hugs)). Now you REALLY need the yoga, don't you?! 

CLICK AN ICON TO JOIN US IN OUR GREAT GROUPS FOR INFO & SUPPORT!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)