Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just want to vent!

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:27 AM
  • 18 Replies
So a friend of mine just had a baby 4 weeks ago. He was born at 35 or 36 weeks. Ended up staying in the hospital for a week. Now my friend over came this to nurse and asked me many questions to be successful. She then tells me last week that she can't do this breast-feeding thing much longer bc it takes to long. What?????? She just put on facebook she's done nursing she has other things to do. She liked it but she's not one of those women who do it for months . I didn't realize at 10 months I have become one of those "women"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:54 AM

Many moms feel this way, they don't understand the commitment and time it takes in the beginning..it eases up as yu know but they don't get it.  I see it as a promise for the future...and investment.  What I put into my kids, whether it be healthy foods, time, energy will come back to me in some way positively in the future.

gdiamante
by Gina on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:05 AM

Telll her "SO WHAT IF I AM? At least I'm not a QUITTER."

OK, that was me feeling pissy for you. Maybe you're better off just blocking her! This happens ALL THE TIME. It's the very rare woman who doesn't encounter it. You can let it bug you or forget it. I'd choose forgetting.

cranberry106
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:10 AM
wow, she has other things to do?? I guess that are more important than feeding and comforting her child?? I'm right there with you, totally don't get that mindset and at 16 months I'm definitely one of "those" women too...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mombloggerJ
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:15 AM

I had a similar conversation with a friendly acquantance at a gathering last night. She was talking about how after 2 days in the hospital of her LO crying all the time, the nurses "helped" her by giving a formula bottle and that she just couldn't do it anymore so the nurse assured her that formula was "fine" and her baby would "thrive." Bleh. The sad part is, before I educated myself, I probably would have agreed. . .and THAT's the really sad thing about all of this. If  a woman doesn't educate HERSELF she will never be "that woman" you speak of, b/c lactation education in the USA is broken. .

Alicia2784
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:35 AM
Ya I told my dh the one good thing he gave me besides our little ones are researching everything. He researches everything and every big purchase he makes. If it wasn't for him I would have probably just formula fed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jeng1980
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:28 AM

That's sad but the other sad thing besides that is the nurses telling these mothers that it really is okay to feed formula.  WhatEV is what I say.  Shame on them and shame on the mothers who don't do their own research.  It's really the same as reading your Bible on your own.  You really can't even depend on the pastor at a church to teach you what you need to do to have that relationship with Jesus.  YOU have to be the one to do research on the breastfeeding and use your own judgement and stand firm and confident in your decision.

KenzieQsMommy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:32 AM

I hear ya! A friend of mine swore she would nurse and when her baby arrived she had trouble with a good latch and gave up cause it was too hard and took too long. Drove me insane. I have some very strong opinions about nursing and it made me see her in a different light.

catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 1:20 AM

How sad for her baby. 

CLICK AN ICON TO JOIN US IN OUR GREAT GROUPS FOR INFO & SUPPORT!

NANA0819
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 1:49 AM
well that sucks for her!! honestly, I loved having a legitimate excuse to just sit the F down! lol with a newborn there's not very much ME time but breastfeeding was one of those times I could just relax. & as ds got older & we got better at it, breastfeeding time has become nap time, joke time, watch tv time....I mean, putting aside the fact there are sooo many benefits for the baby, this is the one time u can not do anything & not feel selfish or lazy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blg5484
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 2:25 AM

I always tell everyone I know that it is HARD it is HARD WORK and it take a LOT OF TIME but it gets better. I would not change a thing I do or have done. DD and I are at 7 month EBF and I know we are both better for it. I feel sad for LO when their moms give up on them because they are to busy. I really wish that there was a push to educate people not just pregnant women but every one. My MIL and grandMIL have been the worst insisting at a few weeks that she needed bottles of water and at a few months that she needed food amd now at 7 months insisting that she wil not know how to eat food if we dont ive it to her NOW. I think this needs to be something that the white house needs to get involved with!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)