Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lump at base of nipple, and pus

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:42 AM
  • 5 Replies

I have been sick.  And after last night I think it may have moved to my lungs.  I was running a good fever all night.  This morning I woke up with a lump at the base of my nipple, and it is ozzing pus (or thick breastmilk), ether way its thick and white.  its inflamed and my entire breast and nipple hurts...I have had mastitis before... but in my breast, not at the nipple, and it never oozed anything.... can you get it at the base of your nipple?

Yes, I know, I need to get to the doc.. what really sucks is we no longer have insurance, school was cancled today, weather is really ice cold and foggy, and the nearest doc is about 30 min away. 

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
gdiamante
by Gina on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:00 AM

Yes, you can get mastitis at the base of the nipple.

daughteroftruth
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:07 AM

k, thats what I was thinking... at least it looks like it is draining pretty consistantly.  Hopefully I can get ahold of a doc today, and hopefully the roads are open.  If not, we do have a script of chipro my husband never took.

DDTSMommy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:11 AM
Try a heating pad....laying down on your side. That's what helped me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 1:17 AM

It could be an infection on your nipple.

More information can be found here....
http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mom/mastitis.html

CLICK AN ICON TO JOIN US IN OUR GREAT GROUPS FOR INFO & SUPPORT!

daughteroftruth
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 11:59 AM

Thanks ladies, the flu like symptoms are gone, feeling pretty good today, just sore.  The lump was about the size of a marble and the pus was green, now it about the size of a pea and the pus is a whitish yellow.  Couldn't get into a doctore, but my FIL called his ND and had me start taking Grapefruit seed extract every hour and applying it on my nipple with hot compresses as well.   Still hurts like a B****!!   hard to nurse him since his teeth hit right on the lump. but the lump is just in the right spot that the pump wont latch.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)