Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

fenugreek

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:13 AM
  • 5 Replies
Have you taken this to increase supply?? Did it have any side affects for you personally?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
dhiannian
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:24 AM

No I have had no side effects from it at all, and yes it did work for me. Have you decided that  is is a supply issue?

DDTSMommy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:26 AM
I want to up my supply and pump again. I was pumping until the middle of December and then I quit. Now I would like to do it again for babysittingand husband feeding....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Gina on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:43 AM

Fenugreek is only an issue if you're pregnant or diabetic. Yes, it works... but be aware that it might not do much just for pump output. It's really for a true supply issue where you don't have enough dipes changed.

Make sure dad only feeds when you're absent. Otherwise it's like giving that formula again.

dhiannian
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:44 AM

I understand that:) I just went through another fenugreek regemin for the same purpose. It worked with in two days. Just be sure to take enough to give yourself a syrupy smell. I took 4 pills 3 pills 3 times a day the first time. This last time I took 4 three times a day. I'd start low and work up to see if you have a gastro reaction to them, some people do.

A good tip I used is power pump. Feed baby then pump, leave the pump set up, and pump again every 10 min for an hr. You can leave the pump set up for 6 hrs I think, then transfer all you pumped to the fridge. And in the am I feed baby off of one side and pump the other. This gives me 5 oz to freeze or put into a bottle for later. 

catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 1:35 AM

I have taken fenugreek.. the only 'side effect' I had was improved digestion! 

CLICK AN ICON TO JOIN US IN OUR GREAT GROUPS FOR INFO & SUPPORT!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)