Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question AbouT Michelle Duggar

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:17 AM
  • 7 Replies

If Josie was lactose intolerant wouldn't she of all people know to stop eating dairy products and things with dairy in them and continue to pump for Josie?

pregnancy due date

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Daisypath Valentines tickers
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mss119
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:19 AM

My understanding was that she was given misinformation by doctors, that Josie couldn't process breastmilk, even if dairy was cut out.

mamadowns
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:36 AM

I was always wondering this as well.  I would assume that is Michelle would have cut out all dairy then Josie would have been fine. 

jeng1980
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:43 AM

Yeah she was misinformed and it just breaks my heart that Josie is being fed formula as well as the fact that Michelle was misinformed.  I know that she wanted to do everything she could to keep Josie healthy so I may have found myself in the same exact situation as her if I was given the information she was given. :(

Chasamassa
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:45 AM
Michelle was misinformed and she was so scared and desperate for her baby girl that she just did EVERYTHING the docs said to do with no hesitation. She was just trying to do the best thing she could, get her baby girl healthy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
apoe
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:49 AM

i dont think she was misinformed. many preemie have a harder time digesting anyhting and then with fortifies in it things get much worse. my oldest was born at 27 weeks and we went thou the same things as josie with him. we tied taking all diary out of my diet, taking the fortifies out of the milk, formula with the fortifiers, and then just the formula and that is what finally worked after 4 months. his dr told us that was very common if micropreemies

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:52 AM

NOPE shes got a crappy doctor and LC basically.  She seems to think she always has to wean once she gets pregnant not just suppliment if supply is low, she has never BF past 9 months mostlye because she has been given bad info.  She has been told she makes skim milk too by doctors which we all know is crap.

honestly the elimination diet may have been too much for her.

I honestly do not think the issue was lactose since she was FINE on moms milk for months it was not until she went home and they started supplimenting with formula as the fortifier rather than HMF that she had an issue and had to be put in the hospital again.

catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 1:33 AM

Unfortunately, this mother was given misinformation by a doctor she trusted. It would have only taken a phone call or a little research to get the correct information.

CLICK AN ICON TO JOIN US IN OUR GREAT GROUPS FOR INFO & SUPPORT!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)