Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my toddler's take on nursing

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:39 AM
  • 9 Replies

I shared with you ladies a while back about my toddler connecting that my breasts are "baby food", as we call them, the fact that she sees some of our friends babies taking bottles, and the pump. It was a total light bulb moment for her and she was so excited to say "baby food... in the bottle!".

Just now, some 8 months later, she comes and randomly hands me a bottle and says "this needs milk in it". Nice reminder to express some milk, Lorelei.

She's also commented our efforts to practice nursing, if you will (Lily is still getting the majority of her feeds through her G-tube). She got super excited and said "She's eating your baby food!" She now tells me that "Lily just needs to eat your baby food, actually."

After seeing her sister spend time at the breast, and seeing me make milk for Lily (I don't cover, even to pump/express, in my home), she gets really sad to see bottles made from formula. When we were last at the house of a formula feeding friend who was making a bottle, Lorelei said to me "Her mommy don't make milk for her. I needa go be sad." and then went to go and be sad. A few minutes later, she went to my friend and said "You need to make milk for [daughter's name]."

I just might be raising a future LC... or at least a little girl who knows that we have breasts to feed our babies and wants to nurse hers.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MrsAdorkable
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:05 PM

aww.

Wow, that is amazing.
You got a smart girl! 

melindabelcher
by mel on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:41 PM

Thats so cute!

DDTSMommy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:58 PM
That is great.
My son thinks chocolate milk comes out of my breasts. And when the baby cries he says momma feed baby. Baby wants yours boob.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nifer24
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:51 PM

Such a sweet soul. :)

grantsmommy23
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:02 PM

Awww!!  What a smart girl!

catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 1:56 AM

So sweet! 

CLICK AN ICON TO JOIN US IN OUR GREAT GROUPS FOR INFO & SUPPORT!

ae86mommy
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 2:01 AM
Aw. My little niece asked me how i get the formula in my boobs. She was adopted, and has little brothers also adopted, so she's never seen breastfeeding. She's also mentally challenged from a two story fall. Your little girl is so smart! :) it's nice to hear about :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prdill08
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 3:08 AM

aww that is so cute! 

TTC2Long
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 3:40 AM
What a smart girl! And sad about formula use? How perceptive. Good job mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)