Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

milk supply

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:47 PM
  • 7 Replies

Over this past weekend my son started throwing up, after a long day at the doctors Monday we have found out that he has reflux. In this time my son hasn't ate as much and I can tell my milk supply is going down. How do I get it back up? I really don't want to lose my milk, with my 1st child my body didn't make milk and we tried everything to get it. I really want to BF so any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mom2the.rescue
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:52 PM

do you have a pump?  pump every 2 hrs if you can

gdiamante
by Gina on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:57 PM

You have to nuirse,. That's the number one thing. Remember that the ONLY true sign of a depletion of supplpy ios a drop in the number of dipes you change. NOTHING ELSE MATTERS. NOTHING. There are moms who cannot pump one drop and are flatter than pancakes but can nurse multiples.

Count dipes. 6-8 changes a day means supply is dandy.

jpatrick804
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:57 PM

yes I do and I just got done pumping, if i do that how long does it take to get it back up?

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:59 PM

As long as baby is getting enough diapers then everything is fine...

Don't stress and worry about how much you pump, and don't give bottles to baby as baby NEEDS to nurse, baby will not starve themselves.

gdiamante
by Gina on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:59 PM

Get in bed with baby do nothing but nurse... back in 24 hours or less. In fact.,.. I bet it's already back. Most moms don't know how to judge supply.

jpatrick804
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:07 PM

he hasn't ate well and thrown up alot so we went from 8 wets a day to 3.....but i think his meds have started working and he is starting to eat good again....he has ate every 2 hours since dinner time last night

drealu
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:39 PM

nurse nurse nurse. that is the best way to increase your supply.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)