Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need Teething / Biting Tips.....Please Help!

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:28 PM
  • 3 Replies

DS is almost 10 months and just got his two lower teeth. they broke thru about two weeks ago and are now about half way in. He has bite me...not even really hard 4 times now. each time I tell him no, try not to scream too bad, even though two times the pain brought me to tears and put him down. He has been sick for the last two weeks also, so we stopped giving him solids (he was throwing them up), so he has been nursing every 1-2 hours. SO my nipples are super sore from the extra nursing, and just his teeth rubbing on my nipple while he is eating is super painful, and then if he bites down the tinyest bit it is excruciating. I even pumped and bottle fed him all night so my nipples could have a rest, I have been using landolin on them, and they are still killing me. Any tips??

looking for:

1.) fast, nipple healing tricks

2.) tips/experience on nursing with teeth (not related to biting) but does it always hurt having the teeth rub while nursing, am I doing something wrong?

3.) Biting help

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ashleybgarcia
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:32 PM
I would scream.then he knows it hurts. I yelled out in pain& my son didn't bite again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Gina on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:09 PM

Breastmilk is the fastest healer on the planet. Rub it in.

You may want to yuse shileds till you are healed.

You are using the right strategy for the biting., Biting ends a feeding for five minutes. Hunger teaches baby to knock it off.

musik16
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:29 PM
I just dealt with this.
Every time my daughter bit I put her on the ground and told her she hurt mommy. I pumped daily and tried to bottle feed for a few days as my nipples healed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)