Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I sure hope shes more willing to share with baby...

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:05 PM
  • 5 Replies

My daughter is 18 months and still nursing, we had a bit of a hiccup earlier in this pregnancy with it causing contractions, but that issue seemed to go away and she started nursing again, and since then has become quite protective of her milkies as she likes to call it. Anyways a few nights ago we were sitting on the couch and she was laying in my lap nursing before bed like usual, and my S/O laid his head on my other breast and asked her if daddy could have some milkies too, just to see how she would react. She pushed his head away from me, unlatched, said "NO!, MY MILKIES!" and proceeded to keep her little hand on that breast until she was done and ready to switch sides. Not sure whether to think it was cute or somewhat concerning considering her new sibling will be here quite soon, and she is going to have to share whether she likes it or not!

babies
Kira Elizabeth is going to be a big sister!
baby
 BabyFruit Ticker
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:24 PM

Time to start talking about the new baby coming and that babies need milkies too.  MY son was never willing to share with his daddy but he was just fine sharing with his brother..though not at the same time lol.

luvnmyfam13
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:26 PM

Omg same thing happened to me lol! My DH just came over and laid his head on my other boob and she was less than 3 months old and grabbed my boob with both hands and gurgled. IT WAS SO FUNNY! We cracked up laughing because it sounded like she was growling!

Allie_kat1
by Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:28 PM

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Time to start talking about the new baby coming and that babies need milkies too.  MY son was never willing to share with his daddy but he was just fine sharing with his brother..though not at the same time lol.

We have talked about the new baby with her quite a bit, and she seems pretty willing to share everything else. She refuses to go to sleep until she has kissed my belly and said "nini bruber" (even though we arent sure if baby is a boy or a girl), and is very excited about being a big sister. I just hope this goes smoother than I am expecting it to!

babies
baby
 BabyFruit Ticker
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:30 PM

You may want to get a baby doll that she can feed herself while you feed the baby..I know my son hated nursing at the same time, he wanted HIS time to nurse.

Allie_kat1
by Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:40 PM

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

You may want to get a baby doll that she can feed herself while you feed the baby..I know my son hated nursing at the same time, he wanted HIS time to nurse.

We have a baby doll for her that is going to be her present from the new baby, and I also have a basket of toys set aside that she will only get to take out and play with while I am nursing the baby, So I am hoping that will be enough to get us through the transition, but it still makes me nervous.

babies
baby
 BabyFruit Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)