Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

it ended so quickly :'(

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:17 PM
  • 5 Replies

hey ladies,

my dd is 19mo & we have been breastfeeding the whole time.  i always envisioned the weaning process to be a gradual thing, and also closer to 2 yo..    well, 2 weeks ago i had to have my gallbladder removed, which meant that i couldn't nurse her for about a week & a half (and i don't pump).  she did fine :(  lol...  so, that's it then.. we're done.  i'm so proud of her for being such a big girl, but i'm also very sad about it :(  

i just wanted to share my story...  feel free to share your weaning stories too :)  

now it's nap time for us!  night :)  lol

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
melindabelcher
by mel on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:22 PM

Aww. Sorry mama. Great job for getting that far!

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:22 PM

WHy exactly did you have to not nurse for 1.5 weeks after gallbladder surgery?  I have a feeling you were misinformed.

Congrats on nursing so long!!

Kristen.Marie
by Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:47 PM

Try relactating if you miss it that much. Im just being nosy here....but why did you stop for that long after surgury?

June10mom
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:58 PM

My daughter is 8 months and I can't wait to be done. I want to go a full year, but I'm soooo tired of it!

gdiamante
by Gina on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:19 PM

You were horribly misled. Gall bladder surgery DOES NOT necessitate ANY stoppage in nursing. You could have nursed the instant you were conscious enough to hold the baby.

I say this to spare other moms. ONLY A DOUBLE MASTECTOMY necessitates weaning. Or open heart surgery. Nothing else in surgery forces weaning. There was no need for the doc to put you through that!

You can always offer to nurse if you want. Bet she'd go back in a heartbeat.

Quoting natalies_mama:

hey ladies,

my dd is 19mo & we have been breastfeeding the whole time.  i always envisioned the weaning process to be a gradual thing, and also closer to 2 yo..    well, 2 weeks ago i had to have my gallbladder removed, which meant that i couldn't nurse her for about a week & a half (and i don't pump).  she did fine :(  lol...  so, that's it then.. we're done.  i'm so proud of her for being such a big girl, but i'm also very sad about it :(  

i just wanted to share my story...  feel free to share your weaning stories too :)  

now it's nap time for us!  night :)  lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)