Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

LLL meeting

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:04 PM
  • 35 Replies
Tonight is my first LLL meeting! I'm nervous to meet new moms but also really excited! Hope it goes well. Do any or you go to LLL meetings? What should I expect?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LKRA
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:07 PM

I went to one. :)

I'll hold off sharing my experience until we hear about yours! Just remember to have fun and don't be afraid to speak up.

maggiemom2000
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:57 PM

I haved had good experiences at them and met some really nice moms.

How did it go?

Christina807
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 12:22 AM
Ours are usually pretty good, but if there are too many people it gets a little crazy and I think it can be overwhelming for new people. We do playgroup on the weeks we don't have meetings and those playgroups have kept me sane. I was new to this area, so this has really helped me to make new friends.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaoftwins9197
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 12:34 AM

We have one once a month around here.  I try to go every month.  I really enjoy it.  I think if I hadn't found my meeting and this group, I probably wouldn't have nursed this long or planned to nurse longer.  I said I wanted to make it to 6 months.  Well, we hit that goal today and I have no intention quitting any time soon.  If I hadn't had the support from LLL and online, I def would have given up by now!

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 12:52 AM

Several La Leche League Meetings each month for nearly thirteen years! *wink*

CLICK AN ICON TO JOIN US IN OUR GREAT GROUPS FOR INFO & SUPPORT!

catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 12:54 AM

La Leche League is a wonderful organization, I love LLL Meetings and Playgroups, and some of my best friends were made through LLL. I hope you have a wonderful time! 

CLICK AN ICON TO JOIN US IN OUR GREAT GROUPS FOR INFO & SUPPORT!

Aliyahsmommy09
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 8:51 AM

I go every month and have for about 6-9 months and I love it! The ladies are so friendly and it is great talking to moms that parent in a similar way to me!

Barronbaby
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2011 at 8:54 AM
they haven't started them back up in my area =( but I'm looking forward to going to them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MummaNik
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 9:12 AM
I'm back! The meeting went really well. I felt very welcome, even though all the moms seemed to know each other quite well. It was so nice to be around like-minded women, because no one I know parents with the same beliefs! At one point while feeding my DD a woman brought me a glass of water and it was so nice to know they've been there and understand. Women get thirsty when bf and DH doesn't pick up on this! It was also really sweet to see older babies nursing bc I've never witnessed a child over 6 months nursing! I'll definitely be going back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vances_mom
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 9:23 AM
so glad you had a great time! When I was a SAHM I went every month. One of the LLL leaders saw me about 9 months after I stopped attending (my school schedule never seemed to allow me time to go) and she remembered me and my struggles. She said that she shared my story with all struggling moms (without mentioning names) and she was so happy that we were still going strong :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)