Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mother's Tea

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:33 PM
  • 26 Replies

My DS is 9 months. He still nurses 4 x a day, but he's easily distracted. I feel that my milk supply may be going down a bit. I bought and tried Mother's Tea this morning. Can I just say how horrible it tasted? I'm not a big fan of tea anyway, but this was just plain gross. My DH tried it and said it tasted like dirt. Well, thanks, that's reassuring. Lol. I did put some honey in it, but maybe not enough. Does any one have suggestions on how to make it taste better? TIA

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
foxymama21
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:35 PM
I add sugar!! Helps a lot!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RaLeighsMommy11
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:36 PM
i mixed it half & half.. half that half regular tea' but if u dnt like tea it may nt wrk but it'll b better than plain
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lholgate
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:18 PM

I put honey in mine and make iced tea out of it and drink it all day.

Mommy2Mal
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:24 PM

There isn't enough honey on the planet to make that crap taste better! Ugh, Fenugreek tea is the same way. It tastes terrible! BUT, it works really well! The republic of tea makes one called Get Maternal, that wasn't bad, but I have 3 boxes of mother's milk tea sitting in my cabinet that I can't bring myself to drink. Blech! 

gdiamante
by Gina on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:54 PM

If he's ojnly nursing four times a day, your supply has adjusted properly. The tea won't do a heck of a lot for you.

Sweeten however you like. I found three Splendas to be needed.

Nifer24
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:58 PM

Lol! Thank you!

Quoting Mommy2Mal:

There isn't enough honey on the planet to make that crap taste better! Ugh, Fenugreek tea is the same way. It tastes terrible! BUT, it works really well! The republic of tea makes one called Get Maternal, that wasn't bad, but I have 3 boxes of mother's milk tea sitting in my cabinet that I can't bring myself to drink. Blech! 

Mom_to_Skyler
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:02 PM

Double strength the tea and let steep until lukewarm.  Then chug (holding your nose if you have to).

I never like the taste.  But it helped me pump and extra 50 ounces a week to donate.

Nifer24
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:02 PM

Well he's just not eating consistently as he used to. He used to nurse more than 10 mins on each side now I'm lucky if I get 6-7. He's way more interested in real food. I honestly don't feel he's getting enough. My thinking is if there's more milk he'll be able to eat undistracted. His morning feeding is the best then the rest are just crazy. :)

Quoting gdiamante:

If he's ojnly nursing four times a day, your supply has adjusted properly. The tea won't do a heck of a lot for you.

Sweeten however you like. I found three Splendas to be needed.

Nifer24
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:04 PM

Lol...I'm new to the tea scene. What exactly does it mean to steep?

Quoting Mom_to_Skyler:

Double strength the tea and let steep until lukewarm.  Then chug (holding your nose if you have to).

I never like the taste.  But it helped me pump and extra 50 ounces a week to donate.

Mom_to_Skyler
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:35 PM

Quoting Nifer24:

Lol...I'm new to the tea scene. What exactly does it mean to steep?

Quoting Mom_to_Skyler:

Steeping is what allows the magic stuff out of the tea :)

Put two tea bags in a coffee mug.  Cover with hot/boiling water.  Allow to cool to room temp.  Then just hold your nose and go for it (chug).

Milk tea is magic (for me).  It would boost my supply so that I was pumping 200 extra ounces a month to donate (when DD was 9 months old).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)