Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Freeze?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:40 PM
  • 7 Replies
I put some bm in the fridge this morning but it didn't get used can I refreeze it or is it wasted?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
TiffanyMarie80
by Tiffany on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:43 PM

Once previously frozen breastmilk has been thawed, it cannot safely be re-frozen.  It either needs to be used (I think it's within 24 hours) or dumped  :(  Sorry!

crazietink25
by Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:45 PM
Sucky stupid baby daddy. He used the fresh pumped instead of the bag. I want to cry. And he just said oh well
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TiffanyMarie80
by Tiffany on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:48 PM

Oh!!  It's so hard for people who've never pumped to understand how long it can us to get those seemingly tiny bags of milk, but even knowing that, it's SO hard for moms (myself included) to hear that "oh well" and not want to just cry at the wasted milk. . . . . .  

lholgate
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:00 PM

I make the bottles. DH has a special type of bottle that the daycare doesn't care for (It has leaked out the vent when they've warmed it, so I give them a different type) and I leave that in the same place every day, and then the daycare bottles go into a plastic bag. I label them with a china marker if they have to be consumed in a specific order. Love that china marker! I write the date it was expressed and the date to be used. If it's not used one day, it is the first to be used the day after.

chundley
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:08 PM

Can you just give it to him in a bottle tonight then pump for the missed feeding and freeze that?  That way it isn't wasted. 

I also make all the bottles for my LO so nothing gets wasted.

crazietink25
by Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:09 PM
Yah normally he does really well but today he was just blah. So yah I should have him get up at midnight and I'll just pump thanks ladies :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lholgate
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:50 PM

My daycare put me in that position on Monday. I had a thawed bottle for them and they didn't feed it to her (They didn't replace it with anything at least) so I had to give her the bottle. So I made the best of the situation and had a couple of drinks. :) I have to manage my milk better and try to give them one bottle of fresh milk to give her the next day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)