Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

was she serious??

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:32 PM
  • 6 Replies

I took my DS to his 1yr check up and everything went well.. but she asked if i was still BFing .. I told her yes ma'm..  I have never let on or said anything about wanting to wean.. cause I believe in him weaning himself.  But, .. she said that it was great and that I should  keep BFing thru the sick season.. and about 4 or 5 months I "should" start weaning him!!!   All I could do was just look at her like she was stupid or sumthing..  lol  I never said anything back .. she just proceded to keep talking. I just can't get over that she would say that!  I've always told them that I wanted to BF atleast untill he was 2.. but if he is not ready then I will not push him.. that was just a goal!   Sorry.. I just needed to to get this out of my mind.. it was bothering me..lol

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
gdiamante
by Gina on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:34 PM

She probably was. Doesn't mean you need to pay attention.

Mom_to_Skyler
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:36 PM

Smile and nod.  And then find another pedi.......if you really feel like you need one.

star33
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:39 PM
I hate when u feel like the dr isn't listening.like w/ds I said I wanted a natural birth n he asked when I wanted to b induced.he meant right then.it didn't happen.
just keep doin what ur doin.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JocelynsMama1
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:44 PM

wow my pediatrician always said to nurse as long as we were both happy with it (baby and i that is)

smilee_kat
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:48 PM

They have 3 different pedi's that attend there and he has seen all 3.. and I think this last one is not the one I will keep attending..  Not saying she's a bad one.. but just not the right one for me.. She kinda made me feel like everything i was telling her or talking to her about..  it was like..  she's heard it all a million times and she just wants to do what she has to do and get out!  I felt rushed by her i guess.. I guess it could have been me IDK!

lvmeeyes
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:51 PM
Maybe she meant don't wean until after the flu season was over. Either way do what you want... lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)