Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 year old wants to nurse

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:21 PM
  • 16 Replies
I am currently nursing my 4 month old daughter... I have a 2 year old who weaned around 14 months when I got pregnant. She has been asking to nurse and wants to try.... Is weird if Iet her? Is this normal behavior?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
morgannoree
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:24 PM
Let her, its natural.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dhiannian
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:25 PM

I would probably let her, I don't think its weird. If she were say 5? Probably no lol

piwife
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:25 PM
Yes is very normal and natural.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lil_ferfer
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:27 PM
my daughter is 2 i wouldn't nurse her. besides from the fact i think she is to old. i would be afraid there wouldn't be enough for the baby :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dhiannian
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:29 PM

Since its a supply demand sort of thing there will be enough for both. But it's really what you feel comfortable with though, you mentioned your little girl nurses all the time  so maybe you don't want another clawing at you all the time?

TiffanyMarie80
by Tiffany on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:29 PM

Quoting lil_ferfer:

my daughter is 2 i wouldn't nurse her. besides from the fact i think she is to old. i would be afraid there wouldn't be enough for the baby :-(

Too old is in the eye of the beholder  :)  I hadn't considered nursing a toddler either, until my babies WERE toddlers. . . then suddenly it didn't seem so strange anymore  LOL

As far as making enough for the little one - not a problem.  Breasts work on supply and demand.  If the demand goes up, so does the supply. 

JEM86
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:31 PM
Well I let her.... She seemed s bit taken back by it! We'll see if she asks again
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TwoOnTheWay
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:34 PM
I've heard sometimes they just want to make sure momma still loves them the same way, or that if they wanted them "milkies" would still be there for them. If she's been weaned for that long she probably won't remember how to latch correctly and won't really want to nurse after she gets to try, but I would go ahead and let her try. It's natural.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dhiannian
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:42 PM

haha cute!

Quoting JEM86:

Well I let her.... She seemed s bit taken back by it! We'll see if she asks again

Riahsmom1
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:44 PM
What about a just turned four year old who weaned unfortunately at two months lol? My dd always asks and I always tell her no but I do give it to her from a cup though=)!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)