Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

in dr office breastfeeding

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:37 PM
  • 14 Replies

iv only been breast feeding my little guy know for six months and the dr  office his dr said he should weight more then 13 pounds he eats about ever 3 hr  hes happy between his feeding should i be conseried about this

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KenzieQsMommy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:39 PM

Does he eat solids?

iMommyDi
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:40 PM

Has he had gradual growth?  Or is his growth dropping?  If he *is* growing, then I wouldnt be concerned. 

piwife
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:41 PM

what was his birth weight?

matthewscandi
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:43 PM

I beleive that kids grown at different paces a lot of doctors beleive that children grow along a chart. My FF daughter had only gained 4 pounds by the time she was 7 months old another FF daughter had only gained 11 pounds in 12 months. Their doctor told me that they would be petite thin girls, he was right they are both thin at 5 and 6 years old. The 5 y/o is very short though. If he seems happy and he is not dehydrated, I wouldn't be worried about it. My BF daughter was a chunky monkey though, in the first 2 weeks of life she gained 3 pounds.

sarahowen
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:43 PM

YES HE EATS SOLIDS JUST STARED

sarahowen
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:44 PM

6 POUNDS 9OZ

NatNatsmama
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:45 PM

I was just told the same thing by my Dr. at my DD 6 month checkup. I have been trying her out on solids but she is finicky and I BF on demand so she seems happy. She is in the 15% for her age and also weights 13lbs. I am now concerned that she might not be getting enough to eat, She has always been very petite though.

CafeMom Tickers
sarahowen
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:46 PM

THNXS

sarahowen
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:50 PM

YA I THINK SHE JUST WANTS HIM TO BE OBESE

piwife
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:51 PM

your baby is fine. no problem, how are diapers, has baby hit milestones on time?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)