Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

How fast does mother's milk tea work?

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 1:47 AM
  • 8 Replies

I have a box but I haven't tried it yet I'm wondering how fast does it work? Is it like after the 1st cup you notice an increase of milk or does it take a few days?

by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 1:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Brooklynsmom82
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 2:39 AM
bump i would like to know this too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
willibums-mama
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 9:09 AM

I'm not sure. My personal experience? I drank several cups a day after having baby #2 and my milk came in within 36 hours. There are other factors besides the tea that could've done that, but I'm sure it helped.

sarahmulutzie
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 9:09 AM

I tryed that tea and it worked for me but I had to drink 2 or 3 cups a day.  Actaully that is what it says you have to do on the box.  However.... the herbs in it made my daughter REALLY gassy so I had to stop drinking it.  I really like milkmakers cookies.  they are expensive but they are good and they really do help me with my milk supply. 

chunkyhoney78
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 9:51 AM

milkmakers cookies never heard of them how do they taste? and where do I buy them?

mlbdolphin
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 9:53 AM

my experience with it is that you have to drink 3-5 cups a day and you don't notice a difference for about 3-5 days but each person is different..

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Feb. 10, 2011 at 10:37 AM

Depends on the problem you're trying to resolve. If you're changing 6-8 dipes a day already, you may never notice anything because your supply is already fine and the tea won't make that much difference.

If you are NOT changing that much, then stage a nurse in., Three cups tea dailyt, 24 hours of nothing but nursing and supply will surge at the end of 24 hours.

If you're trying to pump more than half an ounce to two ounces a session.. you also may never noptice anything. Because those are normal amounts.

catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 11, 2011 at 3:02 AM

It varies from mother to mother. Personally, I had better results with oatmeal. 

CLICK AN ICON TO JOIN US IN OUR GREAT GROUPS FOR INFO & SUPPORT!

sarahmulutzie
by on Feb. 11, 2011 at 9:20 AM

they are very good and they even have a dairy free one now.  Their webpage is http://www.milkmakers.com/  they are expensive, but... i see it as my little treat to myself. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN