Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

feeding a 2 month old canned veggies???

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:04 AM
  • 33 Replies
wow. so my friends niece (15) had a baby in december. she lives with her mom and grandma. we are all facebook friends and today i saw them post a pic of them feeding the baby canned veggies! im not close enough to them to butt in . . i dont even know if she ff or bf. . . but i felt i had to say something. so on one of the pics i said 'wow already'? . . hoping it wouldnt seem rude but would make them think maybe. . the grandma replied that the doc was worried about her weight and suggested rice cereal and some veggies.

um . . wtf?

i really want to let them know how bad of an idea this is. . but how can i when it really isnt my business. . and i am up against a doc they seemingly trust?. . ug . .what a disaster.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy31210
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:07 AM

yikes you would think the doc would try something else there is talk that rice cereal does nothing for baby maybe one of the other mommas can give you some good advice heres a bump at least

catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 4:04 AM

Poor baby.... I would go ahead and send them some information. Can't hurt, right? 

CLICK AN ICON TO JOIN US IN OUR GREAT GROUPS FOR INFO & SUPPORT!

TLJBNJ
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 4:21 AM

That's kind of scary, what kind of doc. in their right mind would recommend this for a 2 month old, even 4 months is bordering on too young, but 2 months... I think the dr. is either dillusional or g-ma is making that up, that just doesn't seem realistic too me AT ALL... I would forward on some info, I'd do it in a private message though so grandma doesn't intercept.

MooreTrio
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:29 AM

I kind of know how you feel. A friend who had her baby at the same time I had mine (they are 28 weekers) has a rather large baby, 10lbs+ at 3mos (0mos adjusted) which is odd btw, who takes about 4ounces of formula every 3 hours so they've decided to start him on babyfood to help "fill" him up. The thought bothers me more than I can bare to say, but I can't say anything becuase she is a) thickheaded and b) it's not my place. I just figure with all our babies have gone through she would take a little more caution in what she does.

melindabelcher
by mel on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:48 AM

Poor baby. It can't hurt to send some info there way, esp if your not to close to them it wouldn't be like ruining a close friendship, I wouldn't expect them to listen to the advice. 15 is very young and likely immature and her parents are likely calling alot of the shots

Hoosier-Momma
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:51 AM

Alot of people claim it's what the "dr suggested" so that others don't question their moronic decisions. It's possible the g-ma made it seem like a "good idea" because she's from a different generation that didn't know any better. I would just brush it off. You won't win that argument.

mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Funny, when people diet to LOSE weight, they start eating veggies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Christina807
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:49 AM
I by no means think he was right in his recommendation, but I really doubt he meant canned veggies. That stuff is loaded in sodium. Not something I'd feed my baby on a regular basis. Heck I hardly ever eat canned veggies myself. Though that has more to do with the fact they use BPA's to line them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VelvetCat
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:14 AM
by canned veggies i mean canned baby food. sorry. . it was way late when i posted. i meant jar baby food. . lol.

Quoting Christina807:

I by no means think he was right in his recommendation, but I really doubt he meant canned veggies. That stuff is loaded in sodium. Not something I'd feed my baby on a regular basis. Heck I hardly ever eat canned veggies myself. Though that has more to do with the fact they use BPA's to line them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Christina807
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:49 AM
Oh, okay. That's slightly better, but not really. Haha.

Quoting VelvetCat:

by canned veggies i mean canned baby food. sorry. . it was way late when i posted. i meant jar baby food. . lol.

Quoting Christina807:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)