Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone experience this?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:25 AM
  • 4 Replies

I've always been severely lopsided, now that I'm nursing, its so much worse.  Think DD on one side and B on the other.  My son is 7 months old and I work full time. I try to nurse him as much as I can and pump as much as I can at work.  He gets so mad when I nurse him on the small side.  When I pump, in one day I am lucky to get an ounce and a half from the small side and 5-7 ounces from the larger side.  I want to keep BFing as long as possible, but its getting harder to do with one side almost producing no milk.

Has anyone had to deal with this or know someone who did? Any advice?

Anji    reading

"If you will call your troubles experiences, and remember that every experience develops some latent force within you, you will grow vigorous and happy, however adverse your circumstances may seem to be." - John Heywood

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
RaLeighsMommy11
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:33 AM
i went throught the EXACT same thinh and well im still not completely fixed but its a little better! i was told by my lc to nurse twice on the small side then once on the bigger! it takes about a week though to even out! now i still produce the same amount on my big side but produce nearly the same on the other! some days i find myself having to do it again! good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Midalove
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:35 AM
I did have this problem but it wasn't too bad. What I did tho was nurse on the smaller side first so she would empty it out and switch her to the bigger boob (football hold). And then pump the smaller boob at the same time so that it would produce more. And when you pump, pump the smaller one for an extra 5-10 min or so. Do this maybe a week should notice a difference.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Gina on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:21 PM

Nurse or pump the smaller side, and you'll likely have to stuff it as well. **grin** Never worry about making baby mad., That is one of your assignments as Mom.

aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:34 PM

Mine became lopsided during my first pregnancy.  It didn't matter how much he nursed on the smaller side.  It never made a difference.  The lopsidedness became more noticeable during my second pregnancy.  He has nursed on the smaller side most of the time during the nights because he slept on that side of me and I never saw a difference.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)