Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cipro

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:43 AM
  • 4 Replies
So I was just prescribed this for 3 days for the severe diarrhea, but I am a little concerned about nursing while taking it. Kellymom says its ok, but I also read that it can cause intestinal problems. I have enough frozen milk that I could feed her that, but really don't want to do that. Any other experiences or opinions would be helpful, thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Daynaof3
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:59 AM

Any antibiotic can cause intestinal issues because they kill the bad and good bacteria. I would take it and also start probiotics to help alleviate the nasty side effects that antibiotics have.

They gave you an antibiotic for diarrhea? One of the side effects is diarrhea.

Jessk
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:07 PM
I have had it for almost a week, right after coming back from India, so they think there is some bacteria causing it.

Quoting Daynaof3:

Any antibiotic can cause intestinal issues because they kill the bad and good bacteria. I would take it and also start probiotics to help alleviate the nasty side effects that antibiotics have.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Daynaof3
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:51 PM

Ah, I see.

Quoting Jessk:

I have had it for almost a week, right after coming back from India, so they think there is some bacteria causing it.

Quoting Daynaof3:

catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 1:35 AM

You can nurse while taking it.. just moniter baby for any adverse reactions. 

CLICK AN ICON TO JOIN US IN OUR GREAT GROUPS FOR INFO & SUPPORT!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)