Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just wanted some tips!

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:42 PM
  • 5 Replies

My ds is now almost 11 months, and i'm still getting up 5 or 6 times a night. He only goes to bed between 10:00- 11:00 ( I try earlier but he won't) and he's up before 8 every morning sometimes i even have a hard time putting down for a nap. Also he can rarely fall asleep without nursing till he passes out. I don't know anyone else BF right now so i turn to you guys for advice. I'm just wondering if all this is normal for BF babies, ( i know all babies are different i just mean average) I know some of you might say it may be the caffeine but i rarely have coffee. He's a very good baby and barely fusses, he just doesn't pass out easily. anyone know any tricks that have nothing to do with leaving him cry himself to sleep? Also I figured it might be because i just started back at work. from 5-9 pm and he goes easily without  nursing while i'm working. I thought maybe he's wanting to be with me more because he's not used to me gone so he fights his sleep to nurse and cuddle more. i dunno just wanted some opinions

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Mom71307
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:46 PM

Yeah, my son is 17 months and is like that too.  It is a personality thing.  My daughter was easier in the sleep department... although still not a breeze!  I still BF my son to sleep for night and naps and he is up often through the night.  Some is due to teething and he is congested right now so we are having worse than normal sleep.  Normal is not great though either.  They do grow out of it eventually... you don't have to let them CIO... I refuse to do so!

gdiamante
by Gina on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:32 PM

It is a personality thing and making up for lost time with you. It's normal baby stiff no matter how you feed. Best defense? Put dad in charge of some wakeups.

hacorm
by on Feb. 23, 2011 at 8:50 PM

what exactly do you mean by wake-ups?.. night time or day time or all the time? sorry confused

ChristyW3
by on Feb. 23, 2011 at 8:53 PM

Both of my BF sons did that to me.  When I finally weaned them off at 12 months was the first time they slept through the night and it has been sleeping heaven ever since.

Good Luck!!

gdiamante
by Gina on Feb. 24, 2011 at 9:39 AM

Wakeups as in baby wakes, dad handles it if he's there. Whenever it happens. Day, night, whenever.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)