Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PLEASE for the LOVE of God & BF HELPPP ME

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:40 PM
  • 9 Replies
I've had sinus problems for a few days now - sore throat, runny nose, drainage, and just an overall crappy feeling.

I've taken some tylenol to help with just how horrible I've felt & now I'm more over that feeling - but my nose has a mind of its own & thinks its in a marathon :(

I know if I take benadryl it may dry my milk up.

Zach is 5 months old. WHAT can I take for a runny nose that won't affect my supply???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mama02040608
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:59 PM

You CAN take Benedryl, Sudafed, anything of the kind.  Just don't take it like it;s going out of style.  I would take it when you know you need to feel the best and deal the rest of the time. 

tcmeeler
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:06 PM
Well my MIL is comin over in the morning & my house is a wreck (not spotless like I like it) & even though I've been worked to death & driven over 1500 miles this week, with the kids, so I haven't been able to do hardly anything but come in, eat & go to bed.
Sooo anyways if my MIL sees my house like this she will freak & think somethings wrong with me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tcmeeler
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:07 PM
Whoops - meant to put in there that I've got to do a LOT of cleaning tonite :( but its gota be done. And I can't do anything but blow my dang nose every 20 seconds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama02040608
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:08 PM

THen go with it and let her clean ;) 

Quoting tcmeeler:

Well my MIL is comin over in the morning & my house is a wreck (not spotless like I like it) & even though I've been worked to death & driven over 1500 miles this week, with the kids, so I haven't been able to do hardly anything but come in, eat & go to bed.
Sooo anyways if my MIL sees my house like this she will freak & think somethings wrong with me.

tcmeeler
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:10 PM
Yeah right, it doesn't work like that around here.

Quoting mama02040608:

Quoting tcmeeler:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cranberry106
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:12 PM
I took sudafed last year for a cold, only one or two of them a day for two days and my supply went down dramatically. It took me 2 months to get it close to where it was. It was definitely not worth it. Do not take sudafed! Try a saline rinse or netipot and put breastmilk on your nose to help soothe it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama02040608
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:23 PM

I was hoping you'd find some humor in that, but just take whatever you have on hand, do what you have to.  Just use it sparingly and make sure to stay hydrated. 

Quoting tcmeeler:

Yeah right, it doesn't work like that around here.

Quoting mama02040608:

Quoting tcmeeler:

tcmeeler
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:36 PM
Thanks I am about to take tylenol cold its just pain stuff & something for runny noses.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Gina on Feb. 21, 2011 at 10:47 AM

Sudafed is fine to take. Keep up your water.

The only ways you can do permanent damage to supply is to take estrogen or surgically remove your breasts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)