Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

That amazing feeling you get when your place your child on your chest and begin to nurse....not exactly true!!

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:02 AM
  • 11 Replies

I hear ladies talk about how amazing this feeling is. How beautiful the moment was. Well I guess I missed out! After delivering my daughter naturally and easily on my living room floor...I had the initial amazing and shocking aww exerience when my doula passed her through my legs and I held her in my arms. That was truely amazing. The EMS put me directly into he ambulance and I immediately begain to nurse my dog hair covered baby girl LOL The first 45 min of the drive was great. About 15 min before we got to the hospital...I begain having severe pains and getting very nausous. For the next 24 hrs everytime I nursed my daughter I would have pains FAR worse the labor. I would begin to shake and start to vomit. At the hospital a nurse would stand next to my bed so that as I began to shake and vomit I could toss her my baby girl! It was the worse feeling in the world and it got to the point I didn't want to nurse my baby! It became so bad that they had to put me on EXTREMELY strong pain meds. How is it I can easily delivery a child quickly and efficiantly at home but not breastfeed with out pain meds! The nurses and I talked that with any future children I would simply stay at home to deliver...it was that easy but I fear breastfeeding from now on. They told me that with each child the nursing pains get worse!  Uhhh breastfeeding is certainly not always that magical LOL

I am a 24 yr old Mommy to two boys Xavier O'Neal Age5 Malachi O'Mari Age 2 and one baby girl Laylah-Marie Elizabeth (7mn)! I have been married to my wonderful Husband, Quentin, for 6 yrs and our children are our life! I am truely blessed!                                             

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetsorrow2
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:07 AM
ugh im sorry it was that bad..and my second the uterus contractions while nursing where pretty bad too, but thankfully i took the 600 mg advil and it helped..hope your still nursing and pain free now..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LKRA
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:08 AM

LOL! A quick dose of reality. :) The first time my daughter latched on, I shouted "Holy shit!" Not really a warm and fuzzy moment. ;)

NoraDun
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:11 AM

LOL yea my daughter is 8 mns now!! She is still a pain in the butt!!!! LOL

Quoting sweetsorrow2:

ugh im sorry it was that bad..and my second the uterus contractions while nursing where pretty bad too, but thankfully i took the 600 mg advil and it helped..hope your still nursing and pain free now..

I am a 24 yr old Mommy to two boys Xavier O'Neal Age5 Malachi O'Mari Age 2 and one baby girl Laylah-Marie Elizabeth (7mn)! I have been married to my wonderful Husband, Quentin, for 6 yrs and our children are our life! I am truely blessed!                                             

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:11 AM

The cramping and stuff is normal, the vomiting is NOT, I have never heard of it being THAT bad, never in my life...really I don't think it should happen again.

VelvetCat
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:14 AM
mine where absolutely horrific with my third. and they put my on pain meds right away after birth. . but for some reason they didnt kick in thil the next morning. . all at the same time. so despite a fast and painful delivery. . i went through hell when i fed him that first night (much like u) then suffered a drug overdose. awesome. then another 5 days of horrid contractions i couldnt take pain meds for.

but. . .then it ended. . .and i kept feeding my baby, and despite 2 months of mastitis, clogged ducts, and other breastfeeding issues. . i stuck to it and now have the joy of feeding my baby and laughing while he tried to talk with a nipple in his mouth! lol.

im so sorry mama. i swear that was worse than labor. i suggest next baby u have them give u pain meds asap after birth. keep up with them and hopefully u wont have an overdose issue like me. .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessnjosh87
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:16 AM

My experiance was nothing like that, I'm sorry you went through that. 

VelvetCat
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:17 AM
i had it that bad. mine would last 10 to 15 minutes. my body would shake so bad i would have to give the baby to someone. . then i would puke and almsot pass out sometimes.

just like birth. .every womans body handles it differently.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

The cramping and stuff is normal, the vomiting is NOT, I have never heard of it being THAT bad, never in my life...really I don't think it should happen again.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoraDun
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:20 AM

Well it was my reaction to the pain!!! Around transition I always get sick and start to shake! So it was my body's reaction to the pain...b/c it was so severe!

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:25 AM

OH yeah I know it can happen for sure and I puke when in severe pain too, but I have just never heard of the after birth pains being that severe. I am very glad you stuck through it and it sucks this happened to you, really sucks...it is very rare and I would hope that it doesn't happen again, each of my kids was a different delivery and different nursing experience even the cramping was different so I hope for your sake this would not happen again

Quoting NoraDun:

Well it was my reaction to the pain!!! Around transition I always get sick and start to shake! So it was my body's reaction to the pain...b/c it was so severe!

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

NoraDun
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:34 AM

Oh I hope that is the case too...the nurses told me with each delivery it would be worse so its nice to hear that may not be the case!!!

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

OH yeah I know it can happen for sure and I puke when in severe pain too, but I have just never heard of the after birth pains being that severe. I am very glad you stuck through it and it sucks this happened to you, really sucks...it is very rare and I would hope that it doesn't happen again, each of my kids was a different delivery and different nursing experience even the cramping was different so I hope for your sake this would not happen again

Quoting NoraDun:

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)