Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

plz help (tmi)

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:41 PM
  • 10 Replies

I woke up this morning with vomiting and diarrhea.. I don't know if i ate sumthing bad or what.. but can you plz tell me a med i can safly use while breastfeeding..  i don't have vmoney to go to a dr...)= plz help

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deccaf
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:44 PM

Immodium is okay.  that should help with the diarrhea.  For vomiting, increase fluids, eat the clear foods diet.  That is light broths, toast, light soda (7 up, ginger ale, etc.) keep your fluids UP. that is most important.

Hisservent

don't take anything. Let it run it's course, but try to stay hydrated and keep breastfeeding. It's the best thing for the baby. 

I had some kind of virus while bfing my son. I'd nurse, puke, drink some water, puke, drink more water, nurse, and so forth. It only lasted 24 hrs though.

Jesus Christ now lives in me! I am a 100% pro-life, wife,  Christian, vaccinatin, non co-sleepin, breastfeedin, CIO method usin,  schedule stickin to, organic servin and eatin, as Green as I can get, SAHM of 2 and in~home childcare provider.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Mom71307

It is probably a virus and therefore, meds won't help.  Drink ginger ale and water and take it easy.

smilee_kat
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:51 PM

This is exactly what is happening to me.. I can't eat anything.. for one.. it makes me sick to thing about food.. i try to drink water and then it come back up with what ever else.. It made me wander if my LO would catch it or wud it give him diarrhea?

Quoting Hisservent:

don't take anything. Let it run it's course, but try to stay hydrated and keep breastfeeding. It's the best thing for the baby. 

I had some kind of virus while bfing my son. I'd nurse, puke, drink some water, puke, drink more water, nurse, and so forth. It only lasted 24 hrs though.

gdiamante
by Gina on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:07 PM

If it's a bug, he's already exposed. And the best thing for you to do is continue nursing.

Look up the BRAT diet; it's a common non-med treatment for diarrhea.

If this is food poining, baby won't get anything.

Char07
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:02 PM
Yes, keep nursing and try your best to stay hydrated, brat diet when you can eat :)

Quoting gdiamante:

If it's a bug, he's already exposed. And the best thing for you to do is continue nursing.

Look up the BRAT diet; it's a common non-med treatment for diarrhea.

If this is food poining, baby won't get anything.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:09 PM
Yeah, whatever your body is so desperate to expel from your system, let your body do it. Whether its a virus or food poisoning, you WANT your body to flush it out. Stay hydrated. Ugh, I remember breatfeeding with the stomach flu, and the baby's body heat made me so nauseous. Id nurse, drop the baby and run to the bathroom, then back to nurse, over and over.

Quoting smilee_kat:

This is exactly what is happening to me.. I can't eat anything.. for one.. it makes me sick to thing about food.. i try to drink water and then it come back up with what ever else.. It made me wander if my LO would catch it or wud it give him diarrhea?

Quoting Hisservent:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smilee_kat
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:09 PM

Thank you ladies soo much..  it really helps when you got CM friends that you can get quick advice..(= 

sunnyflower417
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:44 PM
I just got over it! Thankfully she slept most of the time while I was vomiting, I couldn't even keep water down. I feel much better now, 24 hrs or so .

Quoting Hisservent:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.J.
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:28 PM

I'm just getting over the stomach flu. I couldn't stop throwing up, so I wen't to the ER. They gave me something for vomiting that lowers supply, but my nurseling is 18 months so my supply is well established so I took it anyway.
Do what the other ladies suggested, the clear foods diet helps! If you really want to take something, take Motrin. Not Tylenol, not IB Prophen, but Motrin. I don't know why, but it has worked miracles in myself and my children, and has worked better than anything else we have ever taken.

Good luck Mama, I hope you feel better soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)