Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Irregular Periods? Plz Help!

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:50 PM
  • 4 Replies

I have an almost 5 month old who i am EBFing. Ever since I had him Ive gotten my period. Last month though my period was light/spotty now this month I havent got it. I am 1 week late from when I should have gotten it. I tested negative with a HPT the day after I thought I should have gotten it and it was negative. However I kind of feel pregnant, but i'm thinking it just might be from having  my son almost 5 months ago. My hubby and I used protection(condoms) when we did....What do you could cause my periods to suddenly stop like this? Plz help or bump if you don't know...in a little concerned.....thanks mommas!

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
gdiamante
by Gina on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:01 PM

Irregular periods are normal while breastfeeding. MOST likely that's all it is.

celestegood
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:03 PM

I don't know what to tell you!  I do know that I have spotted, but haven't had one yet, and my son is one year one month old.  I have spotted one day or two then it goes away....I'm not sure it was even a period!  I'm sure it wasn't.  I take a pregnancy test every month to be sure I'm not pregnant.  Did you start the minipill or anything?  I noticed that during the first few months of taking it, I spotted a lot. 

At any rate, its a bit early to get your period if you are ebf; I think that out of three kids that were ebf, I started anywhere from nine months after my baby was born to now I'm thirteen months and no period yet.  So, just wait a week or two, take another test.  And if a month goes by and you still haven't started go to a doctor.  Have them do a blood test.  I'm sure you just haven't started yet, it was just spotting which is normal. 

celestegood
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:04 PM

Exactly.  Mine always were very light and irregular even when they did start. 

Quoting gdiamante:

Irregular periods are normal while breastfeeding. MOST likely that's all it is.

gdiamante
by Gina on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:08 PM

"At any rate, its a bit early to get your period if you are ebf;"

Weeeeellllll... you can be EBF and get your period at six weeks pospartum. ALL return dates are normal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)