Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BF whild pregnant?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:11 PM
  • 5 Replies

does it work?  If so how does it work?

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
piwife
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:18 PM
What do u mean how does it work? Umm you keep breastfeeding normally and yes its save to breastfeed during pregnancy. Unless u have a history of miscarriage, preterm labor or birth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LKRA
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:20 PM

Um...........lol

You just nurse like you always nurse. Some kids stop when the milk changes to colostrum (*fingers crossed my child will do this*), some don't. Some pick it back up once baby is born, some don't.

As long as you don't have a history of pre-term labor, keep nursing. Your child will let you know when things have changed. lol

mamislittlelamb
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:25 PM
I bf both of my oldest while pregnant and they self weaned when I got about 7-8mos bc they got uncomfortable with my big ole belly! For me it was the same as always.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TwoOnTheWay
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:27 PM
I'm preggers with twins and still nursing my almost 3 y o. I'm pretty sure he nursed dry there for a while, and the nipple tenderness was a little interesting, but he just kept on nursing, and saying it was still "Nommie milk" through the colostrum and everything! Now I think I may have actual milk again, because he's nursing for longer and actually swallowing... Lol! I'm 34 weeks now. Yeah, there's nothing special you do, just keep nursing... :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LKRA
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:31 PM

That's a nice way of putting it. lol I feel like I did when my daughter was first born. Everytime she latches on, I catch my breath and grit my teeth and my stomach does a flop. lol

Quoting TwoOnTheWay:

I'm preggers with twins and still nursing my almost 3 y o. I'm pretty sure he nursed dry there for a while, and the nipple tenderness was a little interesting, but he just kept on nursing, and saying it was still "Nommie milk" through the colostrum and everything! Now I think I may have actual milk again, because he's nursing for longer and actually swallowing... Lol! I'm 34 weeks now. Yeah, there's nothing special you do, just keep nursing... :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)