Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I got the Medela Swing, with questions.

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:39 PM
  • 11 Replies

A friend of mine had to switch to a double pump due to tongue tie issues with her son, and passed down the Medela Swing pump to me for the times I will need it.  I want a nice bottle set to go on my registry made for breast feeding moms, and I need some reccommendations please!  What bottles, besides Medela, will fit the pump?

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NADA2
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:45 PM

Do you mean bottles to use for storage or bottles for feeding?

gdiamante
by Gina on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:48 PM

Just about any standard bottle. Ask ten moms and you'll get ten answers as to which one to go with; all ARE GOOD.

I will suggest you NOT put them on the registry. Buy the smallest pack or a SINGLE bottle of your choice. Because baby might have a VERY different opinion about your choice! BABY determines the bottle. You don't want to open a big pack to have that model rejected.

And when it's given... make sure you're absent.

NADA2
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:50 PM

Ok, if you want to collect milk and store, I have only found Medela bottles to work with the pump.  I think Evenflo makes a smaller neck bottle that can attach to the pump.

gdiamante is right about bottles for feeding...

Quoting gdiamante:

Just about any standard bottle. Ask ten moms and you'll get ten answers as to which one to go with; all ARE GOOD.

I will suggest you NOT put them on the registry. Buy the smallest pack or a SINGLE bottle of your choice. Because baby might have a VERY different opinion about your choice! BABY determines the bottle. You don't want to open a big pack to have that model rejected.

And when it's given... make sure you're absent.

3_cookies
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:02 PM
Snapies are amazing to pump into and store. they fit my pump, which was the madela lactincia (sp). you can freeze them, put nipples and use for feedings and all that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetsorrow2
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:06 PM
oh girl i have a large huggies box FILLED with different bottles my son hates. :/
better to stick with one or two and go from there. i have the pumpin style snd i accidentally put an evenflo bottle on theee once and it worked fine, so i at least know those work. but i like to pump in a bottle and store in lansinoh bags...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jen825
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:07 PM
Snappies, dr. Brown (standard mouth, not wide mouth), medela, evenflo, to name a few :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:32 PM

Use medela bottles to pump....I would just get whatever bottles you want to feed with seperate.  I use Tommee tippee bottles

Mom2Abbi
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:35 PM

just get the madela bottles to pump and then pour it into whatever bottle you want to use...that's what I did.

HappySammy
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:50 PM
I suggest just getting like 2 bottles that fit and get the storage bags. I loved storage bags with dd they take up less room in the freezer
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NADA2
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:33 PM

The Lansinoh storage bags can be used in the playtex drop in  bottles as well. I am using the MAM bottle...son loves them!  He also would take the playtex nursers.

Quoting HappySammy:

I suggest just getting like 2 bottles that fit and get the storage bags. I loved storage bags with dd they take up less room in the freezer

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)