Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do I or Don't I?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:46 PM
  • 7 Replies

May sound blunt, but I'm concerned. My nipples, mainly my right one has been stinging alot lately. Like painfully! Is it thrush? I've had thrush before but I don't remember it being this bad and painful. My son has no signs of it whatsoever. No white patches, no weird rashes. It's just me in pain. It even hurts all the time for him to latch on and eat. Which Dr do I call if I think I may have thrush? My OBGYN or the kids Pediatrician?

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
gdiamante
by Gina on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:49 PM

It sounds like thrush. Niether doctor. Check out kellymom.com; best remedies are there. Doctros tend to prescribe nystatin which makes things WORSE.

My personal favorite for this is Lottrimin AF. Works VERY quickly.

mamma2mygirls
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:51 PM

Will I still be able to breastfeed my son?

Char07
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:54 PM
Yes, treat you and him regardless of symptoms and keep nursing :)

Quoting mamma2mygirls:

Will I still be able to breastfeed my son?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Gina on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:13 PM

Yes. If you use the lotrimin you just have to wipe it off.

brianahernandez
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:16 PM

My 9 month old just got thrush yesterday. We are using coconut oil (the kind you cook with) and a powder probiotic. Her yeast rash went away in 2 days, the thrush isn't irritating her mouth within one use of the mixture, and my nipples feel almost normal after one application. Now, after 18 hours of using the mixture (3 times on myself, 2 for diaper, and 4 orally for baby) we are all feeling 90% better!! SHe has been doing NOTHING but crying  before I started. As soon as the mix hit her mouth, she stopped and would nurse!!! I thought it was weird, so I put some on my really bad nipple and it instantly eased the pain and itching!!! Good luck mama!

mamma2mygirls
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:28 PM

I'm going to try Lotrimin AF. I hope it works. What do I need to do about my ds? He has no sign of thrush.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:30 PM

Go see an IBCLC..or in other words a lactation consultant she can tell you whats up

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)