Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breast pumps.

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:48 PM
  • 13 Replies

This is my last baby and I'm a SAHM, so I don't want to spend a ridiculous amount of money on a pump. I was wondering if any of yall knew if The First Years' miPump was any good?

Pregnancy%20ticker

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deccaf
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:49 PM

I love it, but others will tell you that it isn't that great.  I like it and use it more than I use the Medela I spent $300 on.

Blaiden
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:51 PM

Thank you! I would love to have a Medela, but I wont get the money's worth out of it.

Quoting deccaf:

I love it, but others will tell you that it isn't that great.  I like it and use it more than I use the Medela I spent $300 on.

lorsmommy08
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:51 PM

I don't know about that one but the Avent Isis is a very good manual pump. I used it w/ my first and got tons out in the beginning before my supply regulated to where I was unable to pump anything at all, lol. It's $39.97 at Walmart right now.

deccaf
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:53 PM

I actually got 19 ounces from my miPump today.  I was thrilled. 

coliemamiof2
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:58 PM

I have one...I like it (don't love it) but it is cheap so you can't expect the best out of it...I got the one pump (instead of one that comes with two pumps) so I can still breastfeed while I pump. I never give my daughter the bottle. I only pump to get the extra bm out & then I donate it...I have to say though, the pump is easy to clean & holds up very well (: good luck on your search (p.s. walmart.com has them cheap!! That is where I got mine)

coliemamiof2
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:01 PM

Oh yea, & I do get a lot out w/ the pump...I get about 20-30 oz.s out a day (I get more out when I pump & bf at the same time...so instead of having to think about bf I actually get the experience while I pump! That helps a lot!! (:

Quoting coliemamiof2:

I have one...I like it (don't love it) but it is cheap so you can't expect the best out of it...I got the one pump (instead of one that comes with two pumps) so I can still breastfeed while I pump. I never give my daughter the bottle. I only pump to get the extra bm out & then I donate it...I have to say though, the pump is easy to clean & holds up very well (: good luck on your search (p.s. walmart.com has them cheap!! That is where I got mine)

~Nicole~ (:
.*~Mami of 2~*.
<3 LJM&SIM!

bouncing mom

http://www.cafemom.com/home/coliemamiof2

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:00 PM

I don't recommend it.....medela, ameda or lansinoh for electric, avent or lansinoh for manuals

Nameismommy
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:02 PM

I found a medela swing on ebay for $90 and it retails for about $120.

NADA2
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:16 PM

I think it is about preference.  I love my Medela...get up to 20 oz a day.  If you think you won't net the benefit of a medela or an expensive one, go with the miPump.   I have an medela electric and hand pump and love them both...I also have a playtex manual pump and that sucks! I can't even get it to pump...and it is assembled correctly!

gdiamante
by Gina on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:35 PM

miPump has been *so* spotty that I cannot in good conscience recommend it. Since you're a SAHM, you could get away with something like an Avent Isis, unless a manual is a problem.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)