Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well I thought I was done but..

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:31 PM
  • 5 Replies

I am going to give it another go.  Breastfeeding has been difficult for my son and I from day one.  With his short top frenulum and small mouth it was hard to get a good latch.  So I gave up after three weeks and went to formula on Monday.  But he has been getting very gassy and fussy with the formula (sensitive similac).  I even weened him slowly and incorporated the formula.  But I am trying now to get my supply back to where it was.  I am pumping about an oz per 10-15 min session.  And later I am going to offer him the breast again.  I just felt sooo guilty giving up.  I feel as though I can try harder.  It may sound silly, but I was starting to feel like less of a woman as my milk supply disappeared.  But now I am taking Fenugreek, brewers yeast, drinking lots of water, and pumping every 3 hours with my hospital grade pump/ offering the breast as well.  So I hope my supply will increase sooner rather than later.  Wish me luck!  Any advice?

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
gdiamante
by Gina on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:38 PM

Good luck! I would suggest upping the pump frequency to every two hours in the daytime, just for now. You WILL get through this!

Kelli1012
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:42 PM

Thank you!  How did you do when you first started BFing?

Char07
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:47 PM
Good luck I still feel awful when I think about that I gave up with my first, really wish I hadn't. I hope it gets easier for you soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrismom76
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:20 PM

Good luck and congratulations for starting back.  Yesterday was really bad for me (baby blues) and I almost gave up last night.  That feeling of I could try harder was all that kept me going and today was MUCH better.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:27 PM

YOU CAN DO IT!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)