Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

review my list of bf-ing things pls

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:04 PM
  • 13 Replies
here is a list of what i have, is there anything im missing or that is a good must have?

+medela pump in style double elec. pump
+ (4) nursing tanks
+ (5) nursing bras
+boppy
+(100) milk storage bags
+ (1) milk storage freezer organizer
+ (1) tube lanolin
+ (24) cloth nursing pads
+ (1) box of sposie nursing pads as back ups
+ (10) medela collection bottles
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissiHampt
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:11 PM

The only "must haves" are breasts and a baby....all the other suff is just nice to have around.  Well, my Boppy was kind of a necessity, at least the first couple of months.  I think you have it all covered :-)

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:14 PM

you don't need the milk storage freezer organizer..a shoebox works fine lol and is cheaper and you shouldn't need so many medela bottles even if you plan to work....just me though lol

Get some oatmeal and some mothers milk tea...both help supply and can ease your mind if you think supply is an issue.

Extra membranes for the pump just in case...check the horn size and make sure they are the right size and if not buy the right size.

Soothies gel pads work great to ease pain the first few days

Syringe just in case theres an issue and baby needs to be fed(won't latch etc etc)

MommaBoop922
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:14 PM

the  soothies were great (cold breast pads) for me but I also found later cabbage leaves that were left in the fridge helped and did the same thing (pedi recommended them for engorgement but they helped with sore breasts and were way cheaper :)

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:16 PM

Quoting MommaBoop922:

the  soothies were great (cold breast pads) for me but I also found later cabbage leaves that were left in the fridge helped and did the same thing (pedi recommended them for engorgement but they helped with sore breasts and were way cheaper :)

cabbage can lower supply so I don't recommend them for pain

NADA2
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:21 PM
I would swipe the boppy for the My Brestfriend pillow; it offers back support whereas the boppy doesn't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:22 PM

On my personal *must have* list that I do not see here is a sling/wrap! 

CLICK AN ICON TO JOIN US IN OUR GREAT GROUPS FOR INFO & SUPPORT!

BabyBoone
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 9:35 AM
i have a moby :) just hope i can figure it out lol

Quoting catholicmamamia:

On my personal *must have* list that I do not see here is a sling/wrap! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mombloggerJ
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 9:37 AM

Didn't read the other replies. I bought a car charger for my Medela PIS and the quickclean microsteam bags. Both were awesome to have.

BabyBoone
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 9:38 AM
i have oatmeal but will need to get mothers milk

what size syringes? i have 1ml and 5ml here at the house (new not used) or should i just ask the nurse for one when im at the hospital?

i already have the storage thingy from dd, but bfing didnt seem to work out and i gave up too easy from no support. im determined this time though!

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

you don't need the milk storage freezer organizer..a shoebox works fine lol and is cheaper and you shouldn't need so many medela bottles even if you plan to work....just me though lol

Get some oatmeal and some mothers milk tea...both help supply and can ease your mind if you think supply is an issue.

Extra membranes for the pump just in case...check the horn size and make sure they are the right size and if not buy the right size.

Soothies gel pads work great to ease pain the first few days

Syringe just in case theres an issue and baby needs to be fed(won't latch etc etc)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BabyBoone
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 9:39 AM
i do have steambags from when i did dds pacis and nipples.

i saw the car chargers for $10 on ebay ill have to go order one since we will move whn hes 3mo and its a 14 hr drive.

Quoting mombloggerJ:

Didn't read the other replies. I bought a car charger for my Medela PIS and the quickclean microsteam bags. Both were awesome to have.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)