Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby sling help :)

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:30 PM
  • 13 Replies

Hey everyone :)

I was wondering if anyone could offer up some advice on good baby sling/carriers. I tried the Moby  ring/sling wrap with my son and it didn't  really work too well for me. I am expecting baby number two and I will definitely need a sling/carrier for this one. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

Correction: I have the Maya Wrap not the Moby.(Sorry, I got the two confused :)

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NADA2
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:37 PM

I love my Moby wrap but will be purchasing the Ergo.  It has a lot less materials and no "wrapping" is necessary...Google it.  It is expensive but from the reviews, well worth it.

ohmsgrace05
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:37 PM

Im no help, I loooove my moby!!  When DD was a newborn I could wrap her against my chest or in more of a sling style hold.  Now that she is older she loves being faced outward.  I can also nurse in it very comfortably and hands free!  Maybe you could try it again... I remember with my first DD I didnt like Luvs diapers... now I love them for my younger DD... tastes can change.  I really dont know of other wraps, hope you find something great!

WilliamsMama08
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:38 PM

I really like mei tais!

Lullababy
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:40 PM

I have a babyhawk and a maya wrap, love them both! 

ang2thela
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:42 PM

I was really hoping I would love the the Moby too! I had a hard time adjusting it to tighten or loosten it up. The fabric had a hard time moving smoothly through the ring (if that makes any sense). I could try it again though. 

KMCrenshaw
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 2:28 AM
I have a seven slings...it's my first one and I got it online for $9, it's not bad but definately builds up my back muscles. My boo boo loves it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Liebschin
by Member on Mar. 3, 2011 at 2:36 AM

I have one from zolowear.com which I got for my first and plan to use for this one (I'm due on the 25th).  They're a little more expensive but sooo worth it!

lholgate
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 6:52 AM

My favorites are a ring sling and a moby.My ring sling is probably my favorite. It's easier to put on and take off. I can take it off without waking a sleeping baby.

ang2thela
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 7:02 AM

It looks like I need to start practicing my Maya Ring sling then! 

catholicmamamia
by on Mar. 4, 2011 at 12:05 AM

Oh yes.. ditto all of this! 

Quoting lholgate:

My favorites are a ring sling and a moby.My ring sling is probably my favorite. It's easier to put on and take off. I can take it off without waking a sleeping baby.

CLICK AN ICON TO JOIN US IN OUR GREAT GROUPS FOR INFO & SUPPORT!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)