Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What Can I Do To Help Him?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:43 AM
  • 19 Replies

My son is seven weeks old and he eats until he throws up. I have been trying to stop him before he gets to that point but he starts screaming if I do. What can I do to help him?

Have you lost your mother or is she no longer apart of your life? Join Mothers without Moms. All are welcome!

www.cafemom.com/group/motherswithoutmoms

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamadismay
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:47 AM

Really no one?

TTC2Long
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:48 AM
Does he take a paci? What's your burping routine like?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamadismay
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:53 AM

Yes he does and I burp him about every few minutes while he is nursing because he seems to get really gassy. I don't know if it has anything to do with it but he also has a herniated belly button.

new_mommie_2b
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:53 AM

He might have reflux. My daughter was doing that to. So when I told her doctor about he suggested lower her ounces. So maybe try taking him off for a bit, burp him and put him back on. Because I also noticed with my daughter that when she would get too frantic, because she was hungry and i wouldn't move fast enough for her, she would start eating like she's never eaten before and because she would do that it would cause her to throw everything up. so maybe try the burping thing or try to pump so you can watch his ounces.

I hope this was helpful.

Ciara318
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:55 AM

It could also be something you are eating if he is a gassy baby...I would limit your diet go very bland and slowly start introducing thing back in and see what he can tolerate and what he can not...my dd and my son for that matter could not tolerate dairy (son was worse then dd he could hav eno dairy her I can have lil bits), and he may have reflux...when he is finsihed eating keep him sitting upright for at least 15 minutes and see if that helps. Good luck mama!

mamadismay
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:57 AM

I do this when I feed him. I don't want to have to switch back to pumping when we've been doing so well with breast feeding. He has only been doing this for a few days.

Quoting new_mommie_2b:

He might have reflux. My daughter was doing that to. So when I told her doctor about he suggested lower her ounces. So maybe try taking him off for a bit, burp him and put him back on. Because I also noticed with my daughter that when she would get too frantic, because she was hungry and i wouldn't move fast enough for her, she would start eating like she's never eaten before and because she would do that it would cause her to throw everything up. so maybe try the burping thing or try to pump so you can watch his ounces.

I hope this was helpful.

Have you lost your mother or is she no longer apart of your life? Join Mothers without Moms. All are welcome!

mamadismay
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:03 AM

I do keep him sitting up so it must be something in my diet that I've added recently. It's probably that I am eating more veggies. I know it's not dairy because I have been eating dairy since he was born and it never bothered him before.

Quoting Ciara318:

It could also be something you are eating if he is a gassy baby...I would limit your diet go very bland and slowly start introducing thing back in and see what he can tolerate and what he can not...my dd and my son for that matter could not tolerate dairy (son was worse then dd he could hav eno dairy her I can have lil bits), and he may have reflux...when he is finsihed eating keep him sitting upright for at least 15 minutes and see if that helps. Good luck mama!

Ciara318
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:12 AM

Veggies can make him gassy...but it could still be dairy...my son developed a bad allergy at 8 weeks old. He was really sick and after blood tests and stool samples and everything else that was the problem. I would just give it a shot, you never know! Better to have a happy baby then a unhappy one!

Quoting mamadismay:

I do keep him sitting up so it must be something in my diet that I've added recently. It's probably that I am eating more veggies. I know it's not dairy because I have been eating dairy since he was born and it never bothered him before.

Quoting Ciara318:

mamadismay
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:24 AM

I will give it a try. Sad day for momma...lol but if it works then it's worth it.

Quoting Ciara318:

Veggies can make him gassy...but it could still be dairy...my son developed a bad allergy at 8 weeks old. He was really sick and after blood tests and stool samples and everything else that was the problem. I would just give it a shot, you never know! Better to have a happy baby then a unhappy one!

Quoting mamadismay:

Quoting Ciara318:

Ciara318
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:53 AM
I know! With my son I couldn't have any dairy soy eggs or nuts till he was almost a year!!!!! I know how bland a diet can be!!!!

Quoting mamadismay:

I will give it a try. Sad day for momma...lol but if it works then it's worth it.

Quoting Ciara318:

Quoting mamadismay:

Quoting Ciara318:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)