Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i can't get my milk to stop

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:06 AM
  • 6 Replies
Today marks one month since Sullivan died. He was ebf and I was taking domperidone to help build a freezer supply...needless to say I was horrifically (is that a word?) engorged for a week afterwards. I'm still so leaky, it's an awful reminder. One of my friends bought me No More Milk tea, but it doesn't seem to be working. I've been binding my boobs with my tight sports bra. Not sure what else to do...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LondonsMomma84
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:11 AM
Have you tried cold cabbage leaves in your bra? That is supposed to really help with lowering/drying up supply.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:52 AM
Binding is not good to do. It can cause plugged ducts and mastitis. Try the cabbage leaves. You could also go on a birth control pill with estrogen. I'm so sorry for your loss. (((HUGS)))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.sp4rkl3z.
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:29 AM
Pretty sure I'm past that stage. But good to know. I guess "binding" isn't really the right word anyway. I'm just wearing an ill-fitting sports nursing bra. I was debating on BC to try and get my period to start anyway...because we are going to TTC once AF returns. Thanks for the tips ladies. I'm gonna go get a head of cabbage later.

Quoting aehanrahan:

Binding is not good to do. It can cause plugged ducts and mastitis. Try the cabbage leaves. You could also go on a birth control pill with estrogen. I'm so sorry for your loss. (((HUGS)))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaCeleste0722
by Celeste on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:57 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss ((hugs)) Sage can also dry up your milk. Sudafed as well as peppermint.

Here are some other things that can help the process:

http://www.kellymom.com/herbal/milksupply/herbs-oversupply.html

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:45 AM

Sage pills an birth control pills, I bet 3 months of the pills would dry you up and get period back!

catholicmamamia
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 3:51 AM

You have been given good advice. Just wanted to give you more ((hugs)). 

CLICK AN ICON TO JOIN US IN OUR GREAT GROUPS FOR INFO & SUPPORT!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)