Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello! New here!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:06 AM
  • 7 Replies
Hello ladies! I just joined this group bc dh and I were recently blessed w/ our 1st baby, a beautiful lil girl on 3/11/11. I had always planned on bfing and we are, but we had a rough start. However, nothing but my milk has entered her body and no bottles so far! She had a bad latching prob from the beginning that no one caught and I didn't know any better. She wouldn't open wide, would get right on the tip, and curl her bottom lip under. OUCH! I would sit in the hospital bed and bawl while feeding her and had blood spots and peeling nipples all in the same day she was born. Finally, dh approached a nurse and told her he felt something was wrong, and God bless those women they helped me every feeding til we went home! Bad thing was, home was 4 days after delivery. Baby girl got jaundice and lost 20% of her body weight. So on my already sore nips we had to pump to bring my milk in faster and we supplemented her w/ my milk in a medicine cup. Things are going much better now, but it is still difficult at times. I do have a question though. Is it normal for her to rarely burp? Whjen she don't though she gets severe hiccups. Thanks in advance amd I look forward to learning a lot!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:16 AM

Glad to hear you have overcome some tough stuff already WTG momma.  My baby rarely burps, when nursing burping isn't always necessary

CowgirlHC
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:44 AM
Does ur baby spit up a lot? She doesn't what I would consider a lot, but she does every so often. She has also thrown up twice, quite large amounts, and it looked kinda chunky and slimy. Is that normal?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessnjosh87
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:55 AM

Welcome!!!!

cutestmom24
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:58 AM
Welcome :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 4:05 AM

Welcome to Breastfeeding Moms! 

CLICK AN ICON TO JOIN US IN OUR GREAT GROUPS FOR INFO & SUPPORT!

catholicmamamia
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 4:05 AM

Great job breastfeeding! 

CLICK AN ICON TO JOIN US IN OUR GREAT GROUPS FOR INFO & SUPPORT!

lifetimelove
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 4:07 AM
Yeah, my son did the same thing. Still does sometimes, and he's almost 4 months. Hiccups and all. =)

Quoting CowgirlHC:

Does ur baby spit up a lot? She doesn't what I would consider a lot, but she does every so often. She has also thrown up twice, quite large amounts, and it looked kinda chunky and slimy. Is that normal?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)