Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need somebody to agree with ME for a change!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:29 PM
  • 21 Replies

Ya know, I'm just so tired of hearing things like "I cannot WAIT to be free of breastfeeding!" or "when I finally wean baby, I'm taking a I'M FREE OF BREASTFEEDING vaca!" or "I stopped nursing at 6 months just because I just didn't ilke it or it didn't let me do anything."

I just cannot understand this. Now, I know there are mom's in here who feel this way, so I do not mean to offend, I just equally know there are moms in here who are like me and I need to hear their voices.

I LOVE breastfeeding my babies. I cried when my first one weaned himself at 18 months. It made me sad. I missed it so much that I asked my husband if we could up our decision to wait another 6 months for baby #2, and start trying again then. I often think to myself that I don't know what I'm gonna do when I am done having babies (probably after the 3rd *tear*). I feel like I'll cry through the entire pregnancy knowing it's the last time I experience breastfeeding. I don't love to be pregnant, but the entire experience of labor & delivery (naturally) and breastfeeding makes my heart swell and I could just cry thinking about not doing it anymore. I am seriously thinking of becoming a midwife and lactation consultant because I love it so much, though of course it won't be the same, which might be just as depressing.

How does breastfeeding not let you do anything? If anything I am glad to not have to carry around bottles and formula. How are you "in captivity" or not free when you're breastfeeding? I do not understand!

I know there are moms like me in this group, right??

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rHOPEb
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:33 PM

I totally agree!  I was so heartbroken when my DD self-weaned!  I'm dieing inside for another baby!  My DD is now over 2yr!  :'(  It was such a joy during the entire pregnancy and then to birth a precious life and then to actually feed that precious baby!  I LOVED every minute of it!!!!  I never once thought "oh what a pain this is" or "this is so gross"!  I can't wait to have another!!!!  You are not alone........

happy

Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:37 PM

I never got a chance to bf and I cried when my milk dried up.  Im jealous of those moms that do bf and complain about it.  But I know moms that enjoy it.  Last night i went onto fb and one of them post, her exact words, "Breastfeeding is the coolest thing on the planet! Lol, i pulled ruby away from me today and she had a milkstash! AHAHAHAHAH" and she was getting all these positive comments under it!  I was so happy to for once see something positive and someone happy to bf! 

LKRA
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:42 PM

As it stands right now, I love nursing and would do it forever.

Ask me about it again in 12 or so hours. You'll get a different answer. lol

When my daughter weans, it will be bittersweet. I know that. :)

By the way, we'll hit 29 months next week. :)

Sunnburst1984
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:53 PM

I'm fearing the weaning process, I don't think I want to do it! He's only 7 and a half months now, but I want to continue BF as long as we can. My family thinks I'm crazy, which I don't think I am, since it is proven good for baby, but I guess older baby BF is weird and awkward to them :/

celestegood
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:54 PM

I am totally there with you!  I don't understand it at all.  I never felt tied down...in fact, quite the opposite!  My "baby" is fourteen months old, and I can now get away without him, if needed.  It sort of makes me sad he can do without me when I'm gone for two hours....

I love every minute of breastfeeding my kids, no matter how tired I get or how sore I am....I love it all.  And this is my last baby, so I'm up there with you on the whole I am sad its the last time thing.  Don't make me cry! 

amarcellus8386
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:02 PM
I am in the same boat as you wanted another baby 1)because well I had more love and didn't think we were done and I wanted to breastfeeding again and use the new cloth diapers I keep researching and hearing about. Lol. I only nursed my first to a year and my second to 3months I have big regrets about that and wanted to prove I could go again as long as the first. MIL was very adhering about breastfeeding and then adhering about formula, lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kemclaughlin
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:39 PM

I love breastfeeding and once the babies are over about 10 months or a year, you can leave them for short periods of time.  I personally don't think that babies, however they are fed, should be away from their moms when they are younger than that anyway.  It makes me sad for the kids when their mother's reasons for not bf are entirely selfish.  These practices will not be limited to breastfeeding.  The kids will live with the selfish parenting for the rest of their lives. 

kemclaughlin
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:40 PM

I love breastfeeding and once the babies are over about 10 months or a year, you can leave them for short periods of time.  I personally don't think that babies, however they are fed, should be away from their moms when they are younger than that anyway.  It makes me sad for the kids when their mother's reasons for not bf are entirely selfish.  These practices will not be limited to breastfeeding.  The kids will live with the selfish parenting for the rest of their lives. 

jessnjosh87
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:40 PM

I will cry the day DD weans. I am not weaning her at one, I am not in a hurry to wean her. Makes no sense to me...it's pretty easy and stress free for me. 

crazynlove1207
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:45 PM

While I'm not in a rush to wean my baby, I can understand the "captivity" thing... I can't go anywhere without out her because I can't pump enough to sustain her while I'm gone... That kinda sucks, but I deal........

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)