Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is this normal??

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:49 PM
  • 6 Replies
my 7 month old doesnt wanna nurse during the day except about twice.. and she eats twice @ nights! she doesnt reAlly eat solids unless she nurses first! she has good amount of diApers! is this self weaning or why is shedoing this? can it b because she is actin now crawling pulling up cruising? im worried she will stop on her own so soon ;(

here is her eating schedule the past week ill strt with night feedings!

8pm- Nurse
1am- Nurse
4am- Nurse
1pm-Nurse
2pm- Sometimes gets solids

sometimes she will wanna eat at 6pm but not often! this is not a set schedule but its always around these times
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mom71307
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:25 PM

No, not weaning!  This is a nursing strike of sorts.  My son (who was not on solids of any kind ever) did this at about that age too!  I wondered if it was really possible for him to do a nursing strike while not on solids... it is!  I just rolled with it and offered every 3ish hours through the day and if he wanted to, he would eat well... otherwise, he would let me know!  She will pick back up when she figures out what is going on in the world... my son was just distracted so he wouldn't nurse.  She is probably concentrating on those new skills so much that she ignores the hunger cues... once mastered, she will pick up!

RaLeighsMommy11
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:40 PM
ok thank you! i was hoping it was normal.. i jus freak out about everything haha i dont want her to self wean anytime soon

Quoting Mom71307:

No, not weaning!  This is a nursing strike of sorts.  My son (who was not on solids of any kind ever) did this at about that age too!  I wondered if it was really possible for him to do a nursing strike while not on solids... it is!  I just rolled with it and offered every 3ish hours through the day and if he wanted to, he would eat well... otherwise, he would let me know!  She will pick back up when she figures out what is going on in the world... my son was just distracted so he wouldn't nurse.  She is probably concentrating on those new skills so much that she ignores the hunger cues... once mastered, she will pick up!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mombloggerJ
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:00 PM

Is there a reason you're waiting an hour between nursing and solids? Normally, I'd say that's not a big deal, but in her case, I'd offer solids immediately after she nurses or not at all. And are you offering at other times? Often they get so busy at this age that they forget to demand. . .sometimes just offering more often can help. All that said, mine were down to nursing around 5 (sometimes 6) times per day around 7 mos WITHOUT solids. . .

RaLeighsMommy11
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:27 PM
she usually naps from 1-2 or she usuay does before the solids! should i try nursing her after that hr then solids?

Quoting mombloggerJ:

Is there a reason you're waiting an hour between nursing and solids? Normally, I'd say that's not a big deal, but in her case, I'd offer solids immediately after she nurses or not at all. And are you offering at other times? Often they get so busy at this age that they forget to demand. . .sometimes just offering more often can help. All that said, mine were down to nursing around 5 (sometimes 6) times per day around 7 mos WITHOUT solids. . .

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mombloggerJ
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:29 PM

Quoting RaLeighsMommy11:

she usually naps from 1-2 or she usuay does before the solids! should i try nursing her after that hr then solids?

Quoting mombloggerJ:

Yes. I would make sure she is full of breastmilk before offering solids.

RaLeighsMommy11
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:21 PM
ok thAnks i will try this

Quoting mombloggerJ:

Quoting RaLeighsMommy11:

Quoting mombloggerJ:

Yes. I would make sure she is full of breastmilk before offering solids.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)