Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm a lukewarm BF mom

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:04 PM
  • 7 Replies

I have finally figured it out.  I'm just lukewarm about BF.  I think everyone who is medically able should try it.  The milk will be there; give it a shot.  If it's bad enough you want to quit, it's your business.  Personally, I don't like it.  I do it because I know it is what is best for my LOs and because they are daycare babies and need the extra immunity boost.  If supplementing is needed and it's what the mom wants, it's not the end of the world.  Sorry just needed to say it. 

By the way, shout out to the working and BF moms.  All the hardest parts of BF and bottle feeding put together with finding time to pump and get your work done.  I'm getting ready to return to work and I remember how hard it is and I'm slightly dreading it.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
LKRA
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:08 PM

What don't you like about it?

kellymom127
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:10 PM

I got the hard part of bf and pump (well just now weaned from all day time feedings) and I loved it. I would do it over again for the next one!

NADA2
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:15 PM
I was turned off from the idea of BFing, but as soon as I got preggers w/DS#1, I immediatley knew I would BF and haven't looked back. It almost, to me, was like there was not any other option. And now w/DS#2, I love it even more!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
simplyus642
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:26 PM

the only thing i like about bf'ing is not getting up at night. i hate bf'ing. oh and it is pretty much the only thing that calms my son.

chrismom76
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:00 PM

Quoting LKRA:

All purely selfish reasons (as I said before, I only do it for the LOs benefits).  I don't lose weight with BF, I miss a little bit of time to myself when my DH or mom could give a bottle.  I don't like the extra stress about having enough milk when I pump, I'm not comfortable NIP (envy anyone who can do it well), and I see the look on DH face the few times he gets to give a bottle of expressed milk and I feel a little guilty. Most of all though, I feel like I'm all about business with the LO.  No matter how much I play with my DD, I'm the business person...I am food.  Remember, she is only 6 weeks.  I know it gets better like with older DD.

LKRA
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:02 PM

Aw. :) You're still in the newb phase. lol I hope it will get better for you with time. Kudos to you for nursing!

Quoting chrismom76:

Quoting LKRA:

All purely selfish reasons (as I said before, I only do it for the LOs benefits).  I don't lose weight with BF, I miss a little bit of time to myself when my DH or mom could give a bottle.  I don't like the extra stress about having enough milk when I pump, I'm not comfortable NIP (envy anyone who can do it well), and I see the look on DH face the few times he gets to give a bottle of expressed milk and I feel a little guilty. Most of all though, I feel like I'm all about business with the LO.  No matter how much I play with my DD, I'm the business person...I am food.  Remember, she is only 6 weeks.  I know it gets better like with older DD.

gdiamante
by Gina on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:49 PM

Chris, nothing wrong with the way you feel. I felt the same. Although I find that middle school math ranks higher on the "don't like" scale for me!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)