Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help! Pumping question

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:39 PM
  • 9 Replies

I'm going to a wedding this saturday and I don't know how much milk I need to pump or how much I should have the sitter put in her bottle each feeding. I read your suppose to pump one ounce for each hour you'll be away, does this also mean to offer only 1 ounce per feeding? I have no clue what I'm doing, I'm a SAHM and I only left her once before and only for an hour. Help!

Oh, forgot to mention that she is 3 months old and probably nurses about 8 times a day. I don't really keep track, I just feed her when she's hungry. I pumped once last night and got 2 ounces.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
littlemama810
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:48 PM

BUMP!

Mommavieve
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:50 PM
1oz per hour. They can feed her 2 oz every 2 hours. Feed her right before you drop her off. I always left a little extra "just in case".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlemama810
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:51 PM

thank you! : )

Quoting Mommavieve:

1oz per hour. They can feed her 2 oz every 2 hours. Feed her right before you drop her off. I always left a little extra "just in case".

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Mommavieve
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:52 PM
I think it also friends on how old she is. If she's a little older, they may be able to give her more in each bottle. Still, 1oz power hour though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommavieve
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:53 PM
Depends, not friends

Quoting Mommavieve:

I think it also friends on how old she is. If she's a little older, they may be able to give her more in each bottle. Still, 1oz power hour though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlemama810
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:53 PM

OK

Reenieredhead
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:54 PM

I work part-time (4 hours a day away from my DS). I would usually leave 2-4 ounces at that age for while I was gone. And by 3 months of EBF, he'd figured out how to stop when he was full, so I wasn't worried about having "extra" milk in the bottle. He would just stop when he was full.

angeline
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:08 PM
My DS is 1 month and I had to be away from him for about 5 hrs the other day I left 13 oz for him and he went through all of it lol he's a little fatty I just add up the hours I'm going to be gone and count how many times he eats in those hours and how many oz he eats each feeding. Then I multiply those two numbers ...lol ... for example in 5 hrs DS eats about 3 times, he eats about 4 oz each feeding, so 4 times 3 = 12.. so I leave 12 oz even if he doesn't finish it all its best to be on the safe side :)

Sorry if that was confusing lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlemama810
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:21 PM

thanks everyone :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)