Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

8 months and getting sore!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:51 PM
  • 2 Replies

My DS is almost 9 months old. We've been doing fine with nursing so far, no real problems. I haven't even had any plugged ducts! Last weekend, he got the flu - a 24 hour bug. By Sunday night he was back to normal. It took another two days for his appetite to go back to normal though. And now, for the past few days, it really hurts when he latches. It isn't a sharp or stinging pain. It's sore like sore muscles, or bruises. I don't know if he's clamping down or something. He seems to be comfort nursing often. But I get very uncomfortable if he's nursing for longer than 5 minutes or so. Even though he's not necessarily done with one side, I have to unlatch him, switch breasts, and then go back when that ones starts hurting. Is this growing pains? Or is there something else going on here? He doesn't have any teeth yet, and although I constantly think, "He must be teething", there's no real sign of anything breaking through yet. Help!

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

I am a redheaded, breastfeeding, nursing in public, baby wearing, co-sleeping, waiting on vaxing, anti-CIO, bilingual, Christian, APing, part-time working, wife of a handsome latino, mommy of one beautiful baby boy.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
gdiamante
by Gina on Mar. 29, 2011 at 10:39 AM

Teething issues start long before you see a thing.  I would put this down to that.

jnttd
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 10:45 AM

My daughter is also 8 1/2 months old with no sign of teeth in sight, though I keep assuming she's teething because of her age.

But about the nursing, DD does this too when she's extra tired or isn't feeling well. I just have to manually help her spread her lips a little further around the nipple and give her time. She always goes back to normal when she's feeling better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)